JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
fd15k, absolutely correct about my link. Seems I didn't update my end after I downloaded the amended pdf. I will put up the correct link later today. Seems the 2013 version is to be even worse.

OP may not have seen or participated in the analysis of the bill. We represent a relatively small part of the population and that discussion had no influence on Congress. Who still voted to ignore the Constitution. Analyzing and discussing the new NDAA will have exactly the same effect. Unless we express the same things said on this forum to those who were elected. Over and over again, i think it's 3 times and then it's remembered? We have to be the squeaky wheel, have to be the loudest voice and be the most rational.

Although it all may be too late now.

So I am in no shape or form an Obama supporter, and I am hoping i am right in saying, he talks a big game but does not appear to be taking any action, whick i am really glad. I thought after this past week of CT and here in Oregon, he would be signing an executive order today. But it appears as he is taking a step back and evaluating. I don't think he is as anti-gun as we all believe. He has done less than any other president in recent times, including Bush. So do we have hope, i don't think so, I think i am glad i have all my AR's that I need, but maybe he understands guns don't kill people, Nut jobs kill people.

Ok so when they knock on your door and ask you to surrender your firearms will that clinch the deal for you ?
remember never let a good crisis go to waist his words not mine.

Are you talking about George Bush or Obama?

Umm, Bush hasn't been president for 4 years. :huh:

Ok so when they kick in your door and ask you to surrender your firearms will that clinch the deal for you ?
remember never let a good crisis go to waist his words not mine.

FYP, not sure they will be so polite. After the stupid sheople let nobama burn the constitution.

Abolish the NEA and put those billions into security instead of letting big government and big union drain the funds. Kids should actually be protected instead of the politically correct, gun free, la la land they create. And when it all goes wrong they blame us.

I think there is a lot of reasons why he's not pushing that hard. Trying to rebuild the economy is one. Think about it, guns in this country is big business. A AWB right now would push us even father into the sinking hole. Imagine how many companies would go under if a AWB passed.

Another is peoples rights. He can't trample peoples rights in this country because 2 idiots went on a shooting spree within a week. If a AWB were that easy he would have done it
already. Along with a ton of other variables these are the main ones that I see.

I do see a compromise though. I see a magazine restriction coming and stricter ftf sales laws. From what I have read already, the NRA is willing to make compromises instead of fight. Time will tell....

I think there is a lot of reasons why he's not pushing that hard. Trying to rebuild the economy is one....

Don't even think Obuthead is tring to "improve" the economy. The only people he is "improving" it for are his large contributors. Or haven't you noticed all the "investements" he has made in the country...where the principles walk away with millions and leave a shell to go bankrupt?

Don't even think Obuthead is tring to "improve" the economy. The only people he is "improving" it for are his large contributors. Or haven't you noticed all the "investements" he has made in the country...where the principles walk away with millions and leave a shell to go bankrupt?

I never said that Obama was trying to improve anything. My opinion is his way of "change" is just to wait it out. Unfortunally the american public bought into it. But, thats another thread.

Regardless, with the way our economy is a AWB would be bad news for American growth and I'm sure he understands that. Also, they are not prepared for taking on a fight for a AWB right now. They can't even find a solution to the current problems with the whole tax ordeal as it is.

but what is funny is although the media is hyping up the control topic, i have met little people who thinks that is the correct action. Most think mental-reform is the true action, and that is the correct action.

That is not what I have been seeing. There are a number of people, even pro gun people that are questioning "why we need assault rifles or 30round magazines"... This is not just a media thing, it is all over the place including our own industry. That goes above and beyond that he got them illegally, they don't see a reason for their existence to begin with...

A big concern is what/how will NRA respond on Friday.

So I am in no shape or form an Obama supporter, and I am hoping i am right in saying, he talks a big game but does not appear to be taking any action, whick i am really glad. I thought after this past week of CT and here in Oregon, he would be signing an executive order today. But it appears as he is taking a step back and evaluating. I don't think he is as anti-gun as we all believe. He has done less than any other president in recent times, including Bush. So do we have hope, i don't think so, I think i am glad i have all my AR's that I need, but maybe he understands guns don't kill people, Nut jobs kill people.

Yeah, about that, seems you were wrong.

That is not what I have been seeing. There are a number of people, even pro gun people that are questioning "why we need assault rifles or 30round magazines"... This is not just a media thing, it is all over the place including our own industry. That goes above and beyond that he got them illegally, they don't see a reason for their existence to begin with...

That's pretty much what I said in another thread - most of the guys I know that have guns for hunting look at people with the black weapons as playing wanna be soldiers making up emergency scenarios that give them reasons to buy more add-ons. Other than coyyote hunting and general all around plinking fun they see no use for the tacticool look.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top