JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I thought my original post stated pretty clearly what I have in mind...for a start. Our ancestors threw tea into a harbor over a $.01 tax! And we can't even get a letter writing campaign going over a constant bombardment of power abuses and lying politicians? My God man, if you haven't recently, read your Declaration of Independence, Constitution, and Bill of Rights. We are on the very edge of losing everything.
We are the generation our founders were SCREAMING their warnings at.
"Resistance to tyranny is obedience to God". Benjamin Franklin

Last Edited:
Well, that's not the way it works. It would be nice if it did, but it doesn't and pontificating about it does not make it so.

But in response to the second part of your observation, what're we going to do, round them up and run them out? When we can't even get all of our own people to vote? That's right. Our own people didn't turn out as they should have.

Not quite certain what you have in mind.

You are correct, it doesn't work that way, because we have let the system fail. The way things work now is due to our own apathy, which as you have pointed out, is a problem.

In the age of NSA spying, civil forfeiture, unaccountable media, and guilty until proven innocent at great personal expense, there is no simple answer. Unconstitutional laws are passed all the time because there are not enough resources to challenge all of them. This means that through sheer brute force, we are bound to lose.

The general public has been brainwashed that the government will save them, police will protect them, and that treading on the face of liberty is not only acceptable, but is welcome, as long as it "keeps us all safe."

I, personally, do not have an answer to the problem. I am in my twenties, and blame the previous generations, but most specifically those around in the 20's and 30's, for letting our nation decay into the heap of garbage that I, and others, have inherited. One thing is for sure, and that is if we do not act NOW, we will cross the point of no return. I hopped the fence from liberal to conservative. I am a member of GOA and NRA. I donate. I vote. I encourage others to do the same. I attend rallies to show opposition to the direction our country is heading.

What you would call pontificating, I would refer to as weighing in on the discussion and reminding people that history shows us that it wasn't always like this. This means we can return if we get the numbers and remind the nation that the United States was created in a desire for liberty and freedom.

Dave, I will now ask you: Will we see you Saturday, December 13 at 11:00am in Olympia to oppose the unjust I-594? http://callmegav.com/ral/. While I plan to attend to oppose I-594, I do refuse to do anything which may be considered a violation of law. Dave, if you attend, lunch is on me. Send me a PM if you want to take me up on this offer.

"We hold these TRUTHS to be self evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their CREATOR with CERTAIN UNALIENABLE RIGHTS, that among these are Life, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT of happiness. That to SECURE THESE RIGHTS, Governments are instituted among men, deriving their JUST POWERS FROM THE CONSENT OF THE GOVERNED."

Rightful Liberty, as defined by Thomas Jefferson is, " Unobstructed action according to our will, limited by the equal rights of others". It is this "Rightful Liberty" that we have sadly lost. Or should I say, given away by our inaction and apathy.

Just in case we might have forgotten...when it comes to individual rights, the majority does not rule!

One of my biggest regrets in life is that I did not awaken to these truths many years ago. My children should have been raised on the ideals of liberty and freedom as understood by our founders. I failed them in this as my father failed me also. But it is not too late! My eyes have been opened, and theirs can be as well. Start now, people. Take the red pill. Read. Study. Educate yourselves, your families, and your friends. Learn history, teach history. Read the Founders. Get angry over every loss of freedom. Remember, the smallest minority is the individual. Someone who claims to fight for the rights minorities, and yet fights against individual rights, is no friend of minorities.

"Education"
From latin 'ex', meaning 'out' or ' beyond', plus 'ducare', meaning ' to lead'.
So, a PROPER education leads you out beyond where you were, in terms of your understanding of life, the universe, everything.
We may know where we are in space, but what about our position in time? Where we REALLY are? Maybe, just maybe, we could have been born just for a time such as this?

This law IS unconstitutional, plain and simple. Pretty much every gun law is. Next to the freakin 2nd amendment says SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED!!!!!!! yet all I see every day is infringing on the second amendment. We gun owners need to come together, participate and VOTE for gods sakes. We don't need to give liberals anymore ground, they won this fight but we have not lost the war!

I'm not going anywhere, I'm gonna make those bastarbs pay for trying to wreck our state!!!!!!:mad::mad::mad:
I want to as well. I've learned bed around here my whole life. I love it. Me being outdoors all the time though this state is going down hill quick. Between land access fees for literally every bit of land and the state cutting back on the fisheries then charging more for licenses because they aren't getting the revenue, other states start to really look more tempting.

Voting won't fix anything without the voters first being properly educated. I suspect that the majority of the non voting gun owners a:don't understand history, or b: never read the bill and figured it was probably just "common sense". The problem is, if sense were common, more people would have some.

Moving away won't fix it either. You cannot run from this, you have to draw a line and stand up! Do nt be like B.O. and keep moving your line!
William, the "fees" and "licenses" are nothing more than poorly diguised taxes that have become unbearably oppressive. And yet they continue, and we, the people, continue to bend over. Early Bostonians had huge balls. A tax of one cent, one cent, sent them over the edge, and they sent the Kings tea over the edge. I have to ask myself, where'smy tipping point?

Last Edited:
Voting won't fix anything without the voters first being properly educated. I suspect that the majority of the non voting gun owners a:don't understand history, or b: never read the bill and figured it was probably just "common sense". The problem is, if sense were common, more people would have some.

Moving away won't fix it either. You cannot run from this, you have to draw a line and stand up! Do nt be like B.O. and keep moving your line!
William, the "fees" and "licenses" are nothing more than poorly diguised taxes that have become unbearably oppressive. And yet they continue, and we, the people, continue to bend over. Early Bostonians had huge balls. A tax of one cent, one cent, sent them over the edge, and they sent the Kings tea over the edge. I have to ask myself, where'smy tipping point?
Oh trust me. I'm at the tipping point. We just need to figure out our next step and all agree on something quick

There are over 36000 members of this forum alone. If each one of us involved in this thread, that "gets it", can inspire and help educate a half dozen people, that may just get the ball rolling. We do have a voice, it just takes moving from defense to offense for a change. Don't be afraid to offend somebody. They'll get over it, or not. Speak your mind, speak the truth, stand your ground. And by the way, as you are training your mind , train your body. You're going to need it...

Within the next few days I hope to be posting a draft letter that may be copied and pasted to your emails to send out to your reps and LEO's. Article1 section 1 of the state constitution requires govmnt to "protect and maintain Individual Rights".

Within the next few days I hope to be posting a draft letter that may be copied and pasted to your emails to send out to your reps and LEO's. Article1 section 1 of the state constitution requires govmnt to "protect and maintain Individual Rights".

cut+paste emails tend to get circular filed. ranting about the constitution and rights tends to make you sound like tax protesters, which also get circular filed.

better to make a bullet list of points for people to bring up in their own words. talk about how the law unfairly attacks law abiding gun owners, how it damages you as a gun owner, and what you want them to do about it.

if you bring up anything about the constitution, you could point out that america is a constitutional republic, and the direct democracy of initiatives is a tyranny of the majority that the founders opposed. the initiative process needs to be changed to something more representing a republic. the rest of washington resents feeling like they are being ruled by king county.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top