JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Just an FYI (and a big middle finger to all those who didn't vote, which is a lot of you), because of the victory on I-594 we've now emboldened the gun control crowd. Today they announced in a press conference that they're not done yet, and they're now going to be lobbying the legislature and potentially filing more initiatives for things like mandatory insurance, gun locks, prohibition on storing loaded guns etc.

Never ever give an inch. Never let these people gain even a tiny bit of ground, because it'll never stop until they can rewrite the constitution.

Shame on everyone that didn't vote in this state, and when you find out which of your friends didn't, shame them in person. This victory for gun control is the fault of gun owners.

I-594 supporters to push for more gun laws in Olympia

The <broken link removed> , the proposal to expand gun-buyer background checks to private sales and transfers, the measure's supporters declared they'd take their momentum to lawmakers in Olympia.

"We are here this morning to announce that we are not packing up our tents, claiming victory and going home," said Sandy Brown, president of the board for the Center for Gun Responsibility, at a news conference Wednesday. "Yesterday's victory is just the beginning," he added.
Article continues at: http://blogs.seattletimes.com/polit...porters-to-push-for-more-gun-laws-in-olympia/

They are just getting started. This anti-victory just stoked the fire...

Time to say goodbye to Washington.. Washington will in the next 5-10 years become the most gun restrictive state in the country.. Soon, even California will probably seem less restrictive and draconian than the once, beautiful , free and peaceful state of Washington.

Did anyone remember or heard about, when California use to be the place of dreams?

All the hard-working, law-abiding and respectable citizens will flee this place and all the fascists, liberals, commies, gangbangers, drug-pushers and criminals of every creed will come up here in droves. Seattle already attracted a giant car-theft ring ruled by which many claim, the Russian mob. Seattle has one of the worst car theft/car rowl problems in the country. I was amazed when I was in Capitol Hill a couple weeks ago to see all the cars with broken windows and had stuff stripped out of them. Also, Seattle's open drug market is one of the worst in the country. The city does not enforce drug laws or do anything to monitor the large amounts of drugged out and mentally insane homeless people littering the downtown area.

However, instead of trying to do something about the large number of mentally ill people in the downtown area they will go out of their way to incriminate law abiding citizens and gun owners.

California is an example of a state where criminals have the upper hand and where the state devotes more resources to administer and enforce draconian rules and regulations then it does to help battle the issues of crime , gangs and poverty that are rampant in the state.

Well it's a good thing we have the second amendment to stop them, right? If we just sit by and do nothing and don't take advantage of the second amendment then I don't think we deserve having guns in the first place. Just a thought.

There are four boxes to be used in the defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury and ammo.

You don't get to skip a step because you're too lazy. We have almost 4 million registered voters as of October 31st. Only 1.4 million voted on I-594. That's awful, and you can bet a lot of those were gun owners that didn't make it out to vote.

The ammo box comes when all other boxes are proven fruitless. We're not there. Take everyone you know out to shoot, teach them responsibly, gain more shooters. It's the one thing they're scared of which is exactly why I-594 is built to prevent new shooters through the loan language.

I said it before and say it again, IT WAS A STINKING CARNIVAL SHELL GAME POLITICAL PLOY. More than anything. I would have voted no on both 591 and 594.

Which would be the lesser of 2 evils, more restrictive control (no bad guys can buy guns? we all know the truth here)
Or more rights for gun owners? Be them good or bad.

Thats how they vote, the general public. I was on this months ago.

I said it before and say it again, IT WAS A STINKING CARNIVAL SHELL GAME POLITICAL PLOY. More than anything. I would have voted no on both 591 and 594.

Which would be the lesser of 2 evils, more restrictive control (no bad guys can buy guns? we all know the truth here)
Or more rights for gun owners? Be them good or bad.

Thats how they vote, the general public. I was on this months ago.

Not to get off subject here, but I-591 would have not made it so criminals could buy guns.. Quite the contrary, I-591 would have made it so the states couldn't impose unconstitutional gun control legislation that overstepped the boundaries of the federal laws already in place. All I-591 would have done is make it so we follow the federal rules like we do now.. The misconception of I-591 and propaganda fed by the leftists was that I-591 would have made it legal for felons to own guns, that is totally false!

Germans who wish to use firearms should join the SS or the SA - ordinary citizens don't need guns, as their having guns doesn't serve the State.

-Heinrich Himmler, Nazi Leader

So what did the Nazis say and do? Oh. Its not that I wish nor want an argument with ya, just see the truth for what it is.

Why do we have prisons? To put bad people away who belong there. Good friend of mine told Obummer was going to be president and we discussed why, I agreed with his voter mentality thinking but my Vote did not.

44mag2ndamend said:
So what did the Nazis say and do? Oh. Its not that I wish nor want an argument with ya, just see the truth for what it is.

Why do we have prisons? To put bad people away who belong there. Good friend of mine told Obummer was going to be president and we discussed why, I agreed with his voter mentality thinking but my Vote did not.

What does this have to do with not allowing states to impose unconstitutional gun control measures like I-594 that circumvent and overstep the federal laws laid out under the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution? I-591 was not changing the federal background check laws. It merely was stating that local state governments cannot usurp the federal regulations which already forbid felons and violent criminals from possessing firearms.

I guess I am a bit confused at your response.. The Nazis didn't believe any ordinary citizens should own guns.. That is a completely different subject, although we can say our federal regulations would have been in place to prevent such Nazi-like measures, including an unconstitutional gun control measure like I-594 from being instated in the state of Washington. Sadly, this is what has happened and I-591 would have countered such dangerous and unconstitutional bills as this from being implemented. It would not have abolished people from following federal laws. Gun control beyond the federal level has always proven to be a failure and it usually ends up to the advantage of the government at the expense of the citizenry. Even our federal laws have been twisted to violate our own Constitution, but are better than many of the additional state regulations being imposed.

what that means is a majority of Washingtons gun owners just f****d every other gun owner up there by not voting....

So that means that about a little more than 1/6th of your state's registered voters just f***ed every gun owner up there. That is pretty sad.

Yep, pretty much. Worst now that it's given Bloomberg a victory. You can bet he'll be licking his lips to try the same scheme is another state too... Oregon? Hopefully not.

make no mistake Oregon is next. Oregon's misinformed voting gun owners aren't much better off than Washington's since we just re-elected the most anti gun governor, again, as well as voted in every single anti gun senator except 1... which means they can (and will) pass virtually any anti gun measure they want.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top