JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its not the dollars, it is the fact that they are willing to lie about their goals in order to achieve the mission.
Yea but lie, truth or otherwise the left does not care what they hear - as long as it contains the words 'control', 'registration', 'confiscation' or any one of a number of 'buzz' words attached to any anti gun legislation. Liberals, especially the extreme far left, are wide - eyed 'dreamy' followers of ANYTHING they are told as long as it is anti gun, anti freedom, anti economic, anti American etc. I have been around these types and they are freakishly 'drawn' to the words and actions of their liberal leaders. Until WE get mega wealthy Pro gun/2A 'leaders' of our own to promote our cause it is going to be a tough road to hoe.

That's not a washington thing.

They will do the same thing in Oregon. All it takes is $10 Million dollars, an uninterested NRA and for people to completely miss the idea of what they need to do.

This wasn't because of a lack of voter turnout. I think we had pretty good (Historically) voter turnout.

This was because of a massive misinformation campaign funded by billionaires, and fully engaged by the mainstream media. (Why is it called Mainstream media? Because it's what MOST of the people see)

The truth about this initiative was subjected to a full-on media BLACKOUT. NO truth was allowed to be broadcast.

So what was our option?

Social media campaigns, and holding signs by the road.

Well, too many people don't have Facebook accounts... (Like most of you on here... you for some reason refuse to jump onto that bandwagon, and act proud of that fact.) So social media doesn't have as much effect as mainstream media and millions of dollars. (Billboards, Misleading sentences and a badly worded voters ballot)

Even with the force of millions of dollars, and the ridiculous Seattle Times blabbering on about how "Mainstream America Hates Guns" we got 45% of our voters to understand the truth and vote NO....

It just isn't enough.... of the 65% that DID vote yes, maybe 5% actually read the 18 page ballot measure.

60% of them saw a ballot that said "Do you want to stop gun violence and prevent the torture and murder of kittens?" and said "OMFG! Not the Kittens!" and said "YES"...

It is now up to the courts to read the 18 pages and see how absolutely, criminally stupid that bill is.

60% of them saw a ballot that said "Do you want to stop gun violence and prevent the torture and murder of kittens?" and said "OMFG! Not the Kittens!" and said "YES"...

gun rights groups either need to start writing initiatives of their own, or get draconian ones like I-594 rammed down their throats.

ultimately, this needs to be addressed by the NRA at the federal level, where the NRA has influence.

Just an FYI (and a big middle finger to all those who didn't vote, which is a lot of you), because of the victory on I-594 we've now emboldened the gun control crowd. Today they announced in a press conference that they're not done yet, and they're now going to be lobbying the legislature and potentially filing more initiatives for things like mandatory insurance, gun locks, prohibition on storing loaded guns etc.

Never ever give an inch. Never let these people gain even a tiny bit of ground, because it'll never stop until they can rewrite the constitution.

Shame on everyone that didn't vote in this state, and when you find out which of your friends didn't, shame them in person. This victory for gun control is the fault of gun owners.

This doesn't surprise me at all...Libs (even in the UK under total gun control) still bring out new laws and regulations to control everyone and everything.

http://metro.co.uk/2008/03/10/extinguishers-banned-as-a-fire-safety-hazard-32065/

Fire extinguishers could be removed from communal areas in flats throughout the country because they are a safety hazard, it has emerged.
The life-saving devices encourage untrained people to fight a fire rather than leave the building, risk assessors in Bournemouth decided.

Read that to yourself outloud...yeah, Liberals honestly think they know what is best.

I just don't get all the hypocrisy. The first people to cast a vote to take away our constitutional RIGHTS are the same people that whine the loudest about being discriminated against for simply being offended by someone else's OPINION about their beliefs. They demand more freedoms while taking away ours. "Give me free healthcare, $15/hr minimum wage and mandatory paid sick days so I can stay home and smoke weed with my life partner and eat GMO labeled Twinkies that I bought with my SNAP card while we tweet #HILLARY/HOLDER'16 from our obamaphones. But guns make me sad so you shouldn't have any."

Last Edited:
I just don't get all the hypocrisy. The first people to cast a vote to take away our constitutional RIGHTS are the same people that whine the loudest about being discriminated against for simply being offended by someone else's OPINION about their beliefs. They demand more freedoms while taking away ours. "Give me free healthcare, $15/hr minimum wage and mandatory paid sick days so I can stay home and smoke weed with my life partner and eat GMO labeled Twinkies that I bought with my SNAP card while we tweet #HILLARY/HOLDER'16 from our obamaphones. But guns make me sad so you shouldn't have any."

We are raising a country of pussies.

594 is based purely on misinformation, a distortion of effectiveness, and liberal insanity. I do hope it is picked up in litigation, challenged, and dismantled.

What does this have to do with not allowing states to impose unconstitutional gun control measures like I-594 that circumvent and overstep the federal laws laid out under the 2nd Amendment of the Constitution? I-591 was not changing the federal background check laws. It merely was stating that local state governments cannot usurp the federal regulations which already forbid felons and violent criminals from possessing firearms.

I guess I am a bit confused at your response.. The Nazis didn't believe any ordinary citizens should own guns.. That is a completely different subject, although we can say our federal regulations would have been in place to prevent such Nazi-like measures, including an unconstitutional gun control measure like I-594 from being instated in the state of Washington. Sadly, this is what has happened and I-591 would have countered such dangerous and unconstitutional bills as this from being implemented. It would not have abolished people from following federal laws. Gun control beyond the federal level has always proven to be a failure and it usually ends up to the advantage of the government at the expense of the citizenry. Even our federal laws have been twisted to violate our own Constitution, but are better than many of the additional state regulations being imposed.

So what part of your own response did you not get? That makes 2 of us confused.

I wonder if this can be tackled by clever attorney using Washington's preemption statute.

Also, in Oregon a ballot measure is only valid for a single issue, and inititives that passed by popular vote were tossed out on that premise. I wonder if Washington has the same criteria, and if so I would think that a decent lawyer could get 594 tossed out.

I wonder if this can be tackled by clever attorney using Washington's preemption statute.

Also, in Oregon a ballot measure is only valid for a single issue, and inititives that passed by popular vote were tossed out on that premise. I wonder if Washington has the same criteria, and if so I would think that a decent lawyer could get 594 tossed out.

We have the single-issue restriction on the books. Many seem to think that approach can be defeated as they will label this issue as "guns" rather than "sales, transfers, lies and deception."

friends & family. turns out a LOT of gun owners didn't talk to friends & family, who ended up voting FOR 594 and would have voted against it if they had talked to them first.

phone banks as well.

I for one HAD been talking to friends and family. I was shocked at how many people called me at the last minute, confused on 594. I feel I did my part to try and educate voters.

gun rights groups either need to start writing initiatives of their own, or get draconian ones like I-594 rammed down their throats.

ultimately, this needs to be addressed by the NRA at the federal level, where the NRA has influence.

Where the #e!! have you been? I-591 was written by a gun rights group.

And now here we are:

Gun prohibitionists emboldened, salivating over Washington

An emboldened gun prohibition lobby, supported by media cheerleaders, is still celebrating its gun control victory in Washington State with the passage of Initiative 594, calling it a "game changer" late yesterday in USA Today, and another story published elsewhere was headlined "Bill Gates Beats NRA, Washington State Passes Strict Gun Control Law."

<broken link removed>

That's not a washington thing.

They will do the same thing in Oregon. All it takes is $10 Million dollars, an uninterested NRA and for people to completely miss the idea of what they need to do.

This wasn't because of a lack of voter turnout. I think we had pretty good (Historically) voter turnout.

This was because of a massive misinformation campaign funded by billionaires, and fully engaged by the mainstream media. (Why is it called Mainstream media? Because it's what MOST of the people see)

The truth about this initiative was subjected to a full-on media BLACKOUT. NO truth was allowed to be broadcast.

So what was our option?

Social media campaigns, and holding signs by the road.

Well, too many people don't have Facebook accounts... (Like most of you on here... you for some reason refuse to jump onto that bandwagon, and act proud of that fact.) So social media doesn't have as much effect as mainstream media and millions of dollars. (Billboards, Misleading sentences and a badly worded voters ballot)

Even with the force of millions of dollars, and the ridiculous Seattle Times blabbering on about how "Mainstream America Hates Guns" we got 45% of our voters to understand the truth and vote NO....

It just isn't enough.... of the 65% that DID vote yes, maybe 5% actually read the 18 page ballot measure.

It is now up to the courts to read the 18 pages and see how absolutely, criminally stupid that bill is.

^^^^ Well said. And, there were ALOT of gun owners that voted for this because they were to lazy to look past their own nose. They didn't think it would affect them, so why not? They have nothing to hide, right?

Voter turnout wasn't a problem:

http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/current/Turnout.html

It was lazy, ignorant, uneducated gun owners that was the problem. They didn't bother to read the text of 594, but by God, the did NOT miss one episode of Survivor, or Walking Dead, or Dancing With The Stars.....

It's a matter of matching up your strengths against their weaknesses and taking a long term pragmatic approach.

What single anti Second Amendment politician are we targeting for the next election? Who can be recruited to run against them in the primary that has a chance or at least will make them spend more than they planned? What legitimate dirt can we dig up about that person and his or her spouse? What are we going to do to to improve our image to the undecided? How are we going to get the 65% of voters on our side who didn't vote to vote the next time?

We have had a whole day to piss, moan and complain. Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work. That is unless we decide to become sheep and let them fleece us.

What is sad is how many pro gun foks don't do squat except complain and whine. You are 100% dead on track.
We can fight harder and we can out last the buzzards. Running to Idaho, Montana and anyplace is BS. That is what the libs love to see. Makes me wonder sometimes............................................WTH ....who advocates running.......
Connecticut passed a bad law and the people there at least had the guts to tell the state to cram it up their posterior. Washingtonians should do the same thing and stand their ground and get that ignorant law overturned at the same time.
The 2nd SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED or did people forget that.
failure of 2/3 of the population to vote is disgraceful.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top