JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The jury box is where good jurors can nullify bad law and acquit someone accused of breaking an unjust law.

Oh, then the 4th box should be the cash box as that is what's needed - cash, and lots of it - to pay for a good defense. Unless you think a court appointed attorney is going to save your skin! :s0114:

And if you're acquitted, why the need for an ammo box? To go hunting? Target shooting?? Better sell all that ammo to help pay for your legal defense :s0112:

Oh, then the 4th box should be the cash box as that is what's needed - cash, and lots of it - to pay for a good defense. Unless you think a court appointed attorney is going to save your skin! :s0114:

And if you're acquitted, why the need for an ammo box? To go hunting? Target shooting?? Better sell all that ammo to help pay for your legal defense :s0112:

I'm just going to assume you're just making a joke, but for those that aren't aware, the jury box is for the use of nullification.

Which brings up another topic of lazy gun owners: If you're not trying to get on every jury that you can, you're pissing away your right to freedom. In order to keep and maintain freedom, you have to fight for it daily. Most the bubblegum heads in this country talk about freedom with their mouth but don't put any of it into practice.

I really doubt police are going to enforce this either way. Most cops are pro 2A and like to shoot privately too.

I have to disagree, most of the cops I know are not shooters, and see themselves as exempt from laws like this. So they will enforce it if told to do so, they mostly have families and value their jobs more than your freedoms.

Only about 36% of registered voters came out. Pretty darn sad.

Stats: http://results.vote.wa.gov/results/current/Turnout.html

Want to know the really sad part? I talked to more than one firearm owner that said "...oh, background checks aren't such a big deal. It's coming sooner or later, anyway...". I had to pick my jaw up off the ground every time I heard someone say that. Clearly they didn't bother to read the full measure and haven't realized the full effect and reach of this horribly written measure. We can only hope it's overturned in court, but I don't see anyone queuing up to make that challenge. Sure wish the NRA made more noise up front.....very disappointed with them on that. Maybe if we could have educated more firearm owners they'd have been less apathetic towards the bill. Not sure what scares me the most; the liberals coming after us, or the firearm owners that don't seem to give a s#!t. At least I can see the liberals coming......

It's a matter of matching up your strengths against their weaknesses and taking a long term pragmatic approach.

What single anti Second Amendment politician are we targeting for the next election? Who can be recruited to run against them in the primary that has a chance or at least will make them spend more than they planned? What legitimate dirt can we dig up about that person and his or her spouse? What are we going to do to to improve our image to the undecided? How are we going to get the 65% of voters on our side who didn't vote to vote the next time?

We have had a whole day to piss, moan and complain. Time to roll up our sleeves and get to work. That is unless we decide to become sheep and let them fleece us.

It's hard to stop them when they're a bunch of hypocrites that have billionaires buying the elections for them.

While your attitude is slightly defeatist (understandably), your point is 100% accurate.
They have lots of money, and are pooling their resources. What are you / we doing? Even on this very forum, I've seen more people say "I don't donate to the NRA" then I see the opposite. Don't like the NRA? Why don't we start a foundation specifically for this state? Or donate to the SAF?

I've been an NRA person for a while, but now i'm looking to increase my donations and make them monthly, say $10 a month. I can no drink two bubblegumty coffees and be fine with $10 a month. Maybe others will donate more, and others less. Point is I see a lot of passion here but a lot of inaction as well. I don't want to shame people, I want to encourage us to stand and fight.

Anyone here know the SAF well? Is it worth while to donate? Can we do a Northwest Firearms money bomb to them and kick this thing off?

I realize many of you don't know me and my post count is very low, but I've lurked on these forums for years, well previous to the redesign and such. I'm more active now because I realize how passive I've been and want to change that. Lets all change that.

It's hard to stop them when they're a bunch of hypocrites that have billionaires buying the elections for them.

Its not the dollars, it is the fact that they are willing to lie about their goals in order to achieve the mission. That and our news does not challenge them at all, they tow the line for the evil being done. I am convinced that if most of Wa residence knew what was in I-594 they would have rejected it, so our job is to expose the lies.

I did not see one ad telling the truth about I-594, only NRA ads saying we are the good guys, how was that a defense? Good guys have nothing to fear from a background check....so I-594 is ok was the message I got. Where was the ad showing two guys at a private gun range shooting and then one hands their gun to the other to look at it and the cops swoop in and charge him with a felony, and confiscate all his guns.....

We fought a lousy fight, I donated money to the cause, and am not impress with the results.....

Liquidsys, the NRA didnt do bubblegum for I594 and they didnt do bubblegum for Oregon when we defeated Universal background registration..... Put your money with the Oregon Firearms Federation who has led the fight.

Liquidsys, the NRA didnt do bubblegum for I594 and they didnt do bubblegum for Oregon when we defeated Universal background registration..... Put your money with the Oregon Firearms Federation who has led the fight.

I agree, which is why I was asking about the SAF. As an NRA supporter, I felt like the only people who saw the NRA do anything in Washington was those of us already drinking the kool-aid. They did a great job appealing to the people who were already going to vote against it. Total fail.

I live in Washington, so the while donating in Oregon would be great for you, I'm hoping for a new US wide and/or local resource to help build a war chest with. =)

I'd be curious to who the best strongarm is for Wa gun rights because im not against contributing to out of state..... We are all affected by I594 and all in this together....

I'd be curious to who the best strongarm is for Wa gun rights because im not against contributing to out of state..... We are all affected by I594 and all in this together....

I'm going to contact the Second Amendment Foundation today and find out if they have any plans for I-594. I'll post here if they reply. If they do, maybe the SAF is who we should target for support between Washington and Oregon since they cover the whole US but are west coast based?

Time to say goodbye to Washington.. Washington will in the next 5-10 years become the most gun restrictive state in the country.. Soon, even California will probably seem less restrictive and draconian than the once, beautiful , free and peaceful state of Washington.

Did anyone remember or heard about, when California use to be the place of dreams?

All the hard-working, law-abiding and respectable citizens will flee this place and all the fascists, liberals, commies, gangbangers, drug-pushers and criminals of every creed will come up here in droves. Seattle already attracted a giant car-theft ring ruled by which many claim, the Russian mob. Seattle has one of the worst car theft/car rowl problems in the country. I was amazed when I was in Capitol Hill a couple weeks ago to see all the cars with broken windows and had stuff stripped out of them. Also, Seattle's open drug market is one of the worst in the country. The city does not enforce drug laws or do anything to monitor the large amounts of drugged out and mentally insane homeless people littering the downtown area.

However, instead of trying to do something about the large number of mentally ill people in the downtown area they will go out of their way to incriminate law abiding citizens and gun owners.

California is an example of a state where criminals have the upper hand and where the state devotes more resources to administer and enforce draconian rules and regulations then it does to help battle the issues of crime , gangs and poverty that are rampant in the state.

As someone who has lived on Capital Hill, I can attest it is an extremely dangerous place, especially at night. There were constant reports of robbery, assaults, stabbings, shootings, etc. I have never feared more for my safety than when I was walking home at midnight, unarmed, from 23rd and Jackson to 12th and Columbia after I had finished studying at my friends place.

Which brings up another topic of lazy gun owners: If you're not trying to get on every jury that you can, you're pissing away your right to freedom. In order to keep and maintain freedom, you have to fight for it daily. Most the bubblegum heads in this country talk about freedom with their mouth but don't put any of it into practice.

+1 I hear so many people say that only stupid people are on juries because it's so easy to get out of them. Yes, it's easy to get out of jury duty if you're a liar who doesn't care about an oath to tell the truth.

Its not the dollars, it is the fact that they are willing to lie about their goals in order to achieve the mission. That and our news does not challenge them at all, they tow the line for the evil being done.

In the case of I-594, I think the lies are part of what it so difficult to mount an effective counter-campaign. The 594 crowd were saying "it's only background checks, who can be against that?" And that's a hard thing to counter to the masses who aren't paying attention to liberty. And if they aren't paying attention to liberty, how much less do they pay attention to the nitty-gritty details of the initiative which were so bad? Very difficult to come up with an effective campaign against those lies. I used to live in Seattle and talked to some old friends back there about 594 and its problems and they were all "oh, those little problems will get worked out during implementation. It's getting the background checks that is important." You can't explain things to people who don't want to hear.

As someone who has lived on Capital Hill, I can attest it is an extremely dangerous place, especially at night. There were constant reports of robbery, assaults, stabbings, shootings, etc. I have never feared more for my safety than when I was walking home at midnight, unarmed, from 23rd and Jackson to 12th and Columbia after I had finished studying at my friends place.

The only place I've ever been mugged was on Capital Hill, and I'm not making a joke about politicians.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top