JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Unfortunately, nowhere is is specified exactly what diagnoses or codes thery will look foir or which ones will "concern" the state. Essentially once you sign they have carte blanc to to go fishing for anything "they" (the state) they like.
Consider this, When we open a patient up and do a coronary bypass it is almost a certainty that they will develop depression.
Since this process is supposedly about "prevention" they could certainly decide to more highly scutinize individuals who have undergone heart surgery....... the depths to which a buracracy will sink in the interst of "public good" knows no bounds or limits.

This change in the law WILL have an effect; and the effect it will have is that patients who might benefit from talking to someone or a short course of medications will be hesitant to seek out care of any kind. Those that need help and those that will most likely benefit from such help will no get it. It is actually a public health travesty that will cause untold harm.

Unfortunately, nowhere is is specified exactly what diagnoses or codes thery will look foir or which ones will "concern" the state. Essentially once you sign they have carte blanc to to go fishing for anything "they" (the state) they like.
Consider this, When we open a patient up and do a coronary bypass it is almost a certainty that they will develop depression.
Since this process is supposedly about "prevention" they could certainly decide to more highly scutinize individuals who have undergone heart surgery....... the depths to which a buracracy will sink in the interst of "public good" knows no bounds or limits.

This change in the law WILL have an effect; and the effect it will have is that patients who might benefit from talking to someone or a short course of medications will be hesitant to seek out care of any kind. Those that need help and those that will most likely benefit from such help will no get it. It is actually a public health travesty that will cause untold harm.
You hit the nail right on the head.
Scary, scary stuff.

As long as 1639 is in effect, I'll not buy another firearm. No way am I giving full access to my most personal records to be checked whenever they feel like it. Ill send my firearm budget to SAF.

I don't see the restriction of interstate commerce as standing in court. I am concern however in this clause...
"NEW SECTION. Sec. 19. If any provision of this act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid or preempted by federal law, the remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected."
This could result in the majority of this onus standing as enacted. It is possible the whole thing could be thrown out on technicalities of its coming to law ie signature irregularities, however I'm not holding my breath.
Where it could get ugly is if they pass mandatory registration on on guns already currently owned. This is where civil disobedience or worse will come to pass. If Brown closed down the capital last Friday under threat of 3%'ers marching on Salem, I think Inslee would soil his pants and fold. Those who have the guns have the power. Never givem up.
I the meantime I'll enjoy my lifestyle and feel sorry for those who didn't prepare for this storm. I was happy to see guns flying off the shelves at Sportsmans today.
Molon Labe.

Last Edited:
I don't see the restriction of interstate commerce as standing in court. I am concern however in this clause...
"NEW SECTION. Sec. 19. If any provision of this act or its application to any person or circumstance is held invalid or preempted by federal law, the remainder of the act or the application of the provision to other persons or circumstances is not affected."
This could result in the majority of this onus standing as enacted. It is possible the whole thing could be thrown out on technicalities of its coming to law ie signature irregularities, however I'm not holding my breath.
Where it could get ugly is if they pass mandatory registration on on guns already currently owned. This is where civil disobedience or worse will come to pass. If Brown closed down the capital last Friday under threat of 3%'ers marching on Salem, I think Inslee would soil his pants and fold. Those who have the guns have the power. Never givem up.
I the meantime I'll enjoy my lifestyle and feel sorry for those who didn't prepare for this storm. I was happy to see guns flying off the shelves at Sportsmans today.
Molon Labe.

That's a standard severability clause that's in most laws. That's why a technical challenge to the initiative itself is the best attack- it wipes it all out at once.

Cali just went through this, requiring ALL semi auto rifles to be regestered as "Assault weapons!" And no one did a thing once it went into effect! Same thing when Cali banned certain handguns!
You cannot win if you dont fight, and some times that fight needs to spill blood to achieve the desired results!

You can still go buy your bolt gun!!o_O
And all the receivers you could want!

Cali just went through this, requiring ALL semi auto rifles to be regestered as "Assault weapons!" And no one did a thing once it went into effect! Same thing when Cali banned certain handguns!
You cannot win if you dont fight, and some times that fight needs to spill blood to achieve the desired results!
True dat! BUT...
FWIW I have seen a far greater level of pro-gun involvement up here than I ever saw in the PRK.
We can beat this thing.

California does not consider all semi autos assault weapons, and did not require registration of all semi auto firearms. All (legal) current firearm transfers in California end up in the state database one way or another. Long guns transferred before 2014 might not be in the database. In 1989, 2000, and 2016 there were mandatory registrations of certain types of firearms.

Having survived 2 heart attacks and double bypass at the ripe old age of 38, fmfdoc speaks the truth. Back then they didn't give you any pills for "depression", they said you "may spontaneously start crying for no reason from time to time post-op". And so it was. Who knows what they do these days.

I'll be 64 this year (thank you Dr. Li for the great bypass :)), I don't tell the medical profession anything I don't have to these days. Primary Care asks if I own guns; none of your business.

Any purchase after July 1st gives them free unfettered access to your medical records...for life.

Talked with a shop today and sounds like that release has always been on the FFL form.. In the gray shaded area.. I was under the impression this was a new issue as well.. but apparently not new after all...

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
  • Stanwood, WA
Oregon Arms Collectors June 2024 Gun Show
  • Portland, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
  • Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
  • Springfield, OR

New Classified Ads

Back Top