JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm not sold on Handgun Classifieds being in a Handgun Sub-forum. That is, unless the classifieds are cross-addressed and have their own sub-forum as well as live in their own subject-specific sub-forum.

But it does seem like there are basically 2 major strains here: general discussion (about life, politics, gun culture, news, etc.) and gear (reviews, questions, classifieds). I'm not sure how that little tidbit is of any use, though.

I'm not a fan of tags. I think they are rather useless in a system like this with so few threads and listings. In craigslist or national armslist, maybe, but here they are just clutter.

In my opinion, of course.
I forgot to mention this, i think the test version without the drop down is ok, but i would prefer without the tags if possible, it's just more clutter.

I'm not sold on Handgun Classifieds being in a Handgun Sub-forum. That is, unless the classifieds are cross-addressed and have their own sub-forum as well as live in their own subject-specific sub-forum.

But it does seem like there are basically 2 major strains here: general discussion (about life, politics, gun culture, news, etc.) and gear (reviews, questions, classifieds). I'm not sure how that little tidbit is of any use, though.
Don't worry about this :D

You are right in questioning if it would be cross addressed as you put it.

The item called handgun classifieds that you see in the handgun section, is merely a shortcut, or a direct link to the main handgun classifieds section, i think it's a great idea for navigation.

Alright guys, getting to work on some of this today!

After thinking about everything @F2CMaDMaXX suggested, I think he's right on with the hardlinks and such. Thank you for the input!

One section we've been asked to add for a while now (last time by @The Heretic) is a rimfire section. My question - Should the rimfire section be pistols and rifles combined, or a separate sub-forum for each?

Hmm, i understand why rimfire can get its own section, though im not sure if it would warrant that level of splitting, for the same reason curio and relic doesnt (in my opinion)

One suggestion, is it possible to limit how many links are allowed horizontally, to two?

At least for the sub sections that contain up to 4 entries?

One suggestion, is it possible to limit how many links are allowed horizontally, to two?

At least for the sub sections that contain up to 4 entries?

Yep I need to modify the width so they don't span so wide (and fall under the last info) :)

Too many subsections will result in mostly general firearm threads.

Hand gun or rifle counts for rimfire guns IMO - what's so different then centerfire guns then the ammo?

It not like they are so different from other guns like airguns...

Doesn't matter in the end to me. It will over complicating things IMO.

Too many subsections will result in mostly general firearm threads.

Hand gun or rifle counts for rimfire guns IMO - what's so different then centerfire guns then the ammo?

It not like they are so different from other guns like airguns...

Doesn't matter in the end to me. It will over complicating things IMO.

I agree with this. Best practice is to have as few section as possible while still keeping things organized.

Alright guys, getting to work on some of this today!

After thinking about everything @F2CMaDMaXX suggested, I think he's right on with the hardlinks and such. Thank you for the input!

One section we've been asked to add for a while now (last time by @The Heretic) is a rimfire section. My question - Should the rimfire section be pistols and rifles combined, or a separate sub-forum for each?

Yep, one simple Rimfire section incorporating rifles and pistols.

Before the dust clears from the previous "improvement" to this site, we must concern ourselves with, and learn, the next biggest and greatest upgrade. I suppose this is what keeps younger users interested. I'm not here for the newest software updates, but for the content of firearms discussion.:) But what do I know?

Thanks for your efforts, however (maybe) not necessary.

WAYNO.

Not sure if this even ties into what this thread is all about but I cant find a thread to post a suggestion.

Often I find myself with $200-$400 from time to time. It would be cool to have a $200, $300 and $400 section for those of us that have a tiny bit of money burning a hole in our pockets..

Not sure if this even ties into what this thread is all about but I cant find a thread to post a suggestion.

Often I find myself with $200-$400 from time to time. It would be cool to have a $200, $300 and $400 section for those of us that have a tiny bit of money burning a hole in our pockets..

Or just a tiny bit of money period :rolleyes:

Just post it up in a section that has a lot of traffic! "Off topic", or General Firearm".

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top