JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well how often do I shoot.....................A lot................:s0155:

But nearly as much as I did growing up in upstate New York where my father and I would go through 2000 primers a summer shooting wood chuck's with Ruger No. 1's ...

I don't shoot as much as I should. I am not the best shot but I can handle my own. I would like to shoot once a month but due to ammo prices, not having a vehicle, and having a wacky work schedule it's kinda hard. For that past three years or so I have gone shooting like 3 times a year. I would like to start going to Clackamas County Sheriff's office but since my days off are Monday and Tuesday, can't really go there because I guess they are not open to the public due to law enforcement training Mondays and Tuesdays. I have my birthday coming up soon and I plan on going at that time since I don't see myself going to brown's camp anytime soon.

Once a week, more in summer, less in winter.

fire minimum 200 rounds, I do 15 minutes or so of dry practice then practice live draw and fire 2 to center mass, after action drills, etc. I try to do at least 2 reps of malfunction drills as well. I always have one box for just blasting away, off-hand shooting and generally screwing around for the end of the session.

I'm a member of TCGC and try to get in some trigger time once a month, sometimes its shooting clays with the shotty, sometimes its my CCW, sometimes its .22LR plinking with the 10/22, sometimes its my big-boy rifles (AR/AK/Galil/Mini14).

I don't blast away HUNDREDS of rounds a session, just enough to when I see that I'm consistently hitting what I'm aiming at w/o trying too hard. For keeping familiar with a particular weapon's action/feel, I just spend time handling, cleaning, and dry-firing them at home... usually pointed at the MSNBC news casters... LOL! (just kidding... sorta)

After 8-yrs. in the Army and having shot THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of rounds (and putting 99% of them on target the first time) I get bored with it, so I tend to let my kids shoot and instruct/encourage them...got some serious naturals in my house, and a few who need to "find their legs".

:s0155:

I shoot every day. Being young and retired along with being a long time bullet caster allows me to walk out onto my LARGE covered patio to my 'range' and use the picnic table. Plus up the road a 1/2 mile or so is another nice place to shoot when I get bored shooting at the homestead. 99% of my shooting is from .44's, Marlin Cowboys, Ruger Flattops, Anconda's, T/C's, etc. Big bores are also a weakness of mine like 38-55's, 444's, 45-70, 375 H&H, etc. My wife is a 22LR fanatic, so she makes up for me with that caliber. I do a bit of trap shooting during the summer and fall too, once per week.

Much of my shooting is just experimenting with different loads, bullet moulds and powders. I like messing around with a difficult gun to find out what makes it shoot so that spurs much of my volume. On average I go through around 500lbs of bullet casting alloy per year, sometimes less though sometimes more, around 15K large pistol primers, 3K large rifle primers, 4K shotgun primers and probably 5K+ rounds of 22LR. I am lucky enough to have a wife who loves her house looking like a trophy room with elk, mulies, blacktails and antelope on the walls (her idea!) and a reloading room that spills into the living room constantly.

Life is good here in the woods.

I shoot at least a couple times a week...some good places about 6 miles from the house.
.22, .44, .45...less of .243 and 300 WSM, prolly about 400 rnds in a month total. I couldn't afford that if if were not for handloading.

I try to shoot at least twice a month. I wish I could get out every week, but it's just too much effort when you live in downtown Portland. I envy you guys who have your own backyard ranges. I'd be out everyday

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top