JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well how often do I shoot.....................A lot................:s0155:

But nearly as much as I did growing up in upstate New York where my father and I would go through 2000 primers a summer shooting wood chuck's with Ruger No. 1's ...

I don't shoot as much as I should. I am not the best shot but I can handle my own. I would like to shoot once a month but due to ammo prices, not having a vehicle, and having a wacky work schedule it's kinda hard. For that past three years or so I have gone shooting like 3 times a year. I would like to start going to Clackamas County Sheriff's office but since my days off are Monday and Tuesday, can't really go there because I guess they are not open to the public due to law enforcement training Mondays and Tuesdays. I have my birthday coming up soon and I plan on going at that time since I don't see myself going to brown's camp anytime soon.

Once a week, more in summer, less in winter.

fire minimum 200 rounds, I do 15 minutes or so of dry practice then practice live draw and fire 2 to center mass, after action drills, etc. I try to do at least 2 reps of malfunction drills as well. I always have one box for just blasting away, off-hand shooting and generally screwing around for the end of the session.

I'm a member of TCGC and try to get in some trigger time once a month, sometimes its shooting clays with the shotty, sometimes its my CCW, sometimes its .22LR plinking with the 10/22, sometimes its my big-boy rifles (AR/AK/Galil/Mini14).

I don't blast away HUNDREDS of rounds a session, just enough to when I see that I'm consistently hitting what I'm aiming at w/o trying too hard. For keeping familiar with a particular weapon's action/feel, I just spend time handling, cleaning, and dry-firing them at home... usually pointed at the MSNBC news casters... LOL! (just kidding... sorta)

After 8-yrs. in the Army and having shot THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS AND THOUSANDS of rounds (and putting 99% of them on target the first time) I get bored with it, so I tend to let my kids shoot and instruct/encourage them...got some serious naturals in my house, and a few who need to "find their legs".

:s0155:

I shoot every day. Being young and retired along with being a long time bullet caster allows me to walk out onto my LARGE covered patio to my 'range' and use the picnic table. Plus up the road a 1/2 mile or so is another nice place to shoot when I get bored shooting at the homestead. 99% of my shooting is from .44's, Marlin Cowboys, Ruger Flattops, Anconda's, T/C's, etc. Big bores are also a weakness of mine like 38-55's, 444's, 45-70, 375 H&H, etc. My wife is a 22LR fanatic, so she makes up for me with that caliber. I do a bit of trap shooting during the summer and fall too, once per week.

Much of my shooting is just experimenting with different loads, bullet moulds and powders. I like messing around with a difficult gun to find out what makes it shoot so that spurs much of my volume. On average I go through around 500lbs of bullet casting alloy per year, sometimes less though sometimes more, around 15K large pistol primers, 3K large rifle primers, 4K shotgun primers and probably 5K+ rounds of 22LR. I am lucky enough to have a wife who loves her house looking like a trophy room with elk, mulies, blacktails and antelope on the walls (her idea!) and a reloading room that spills into the living room constantly.

Life is good here in the woods.

I shoot at least a couple times a week...some good places about 6 miles from the house.
.22, .44, .45...less of .243 and 300 WSM, prolly about 400 rnds in a month total. I couldn't afford that if if were not for handloading.

I try to shoot at least twice a month. I wish I could get out every week, but it's just too much effort when you live in downtown Portland. I envy you guys who have your own backyard ranges. I'd be out everyday

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top