JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It doesn't feel that way. The "it could happen here. It could happen to me" is pretty intense. And voicing fear about the risks is one way of people processing the fear. Much like buying a Powerball ticket... the odds of my winning are ridiculous, but someone is going to win. Someone is going to get killed by jihadists on U.S. soil. That didn't occur in times past. Someone is going to be killed in school. Someone at the theater. Someone in church. Someone on the street.

We live in safe times? It's a matter of perspective, isn't it? Is the glass half full or half empty?
It's a matter of facts. We keep track of that info. You might buy what the main Street media feeds you or churches. The facts are gun ownership is up and violent crime is way down plus other factors that play into it. Once the drug war is ended most violent crime will disappear.

According to all the available data on self defense shooting it is far less than 1% of shooting. The vast majority involve not firing at all (just presenting the gun) and the vast majority of times the gun is fired there are 3 or less rounds fired.

Well, you wanna have a conversation or you want to be insulting... I don't watch or listen to main street media; I don't go to church. And what the hell does church have to do with it anyway?

It wasn't my intent to argue with you or to dispute the facts. Only to encourage you to try to look at the human side of it and the also world picture as a whole.

No, it is more than your "facts". You are looking at only one aspect of it. People don't feel safe even though violent crime is down. BTW... are you a druggie? Is that how the drug war will end? Just make it all legal and then let chaos rule?

Here's a few "facts" for you:
Violent Islam is on the rise and spreading around the world. A small town in WA state just barely avoided a recent Jihad attack.
Russia is a rising power again. Putin recently threatened WWIII.
China is a world power now and wants to be #1.
Black Panthers are on the move again. Black radicalism is up.
The Federal government is grabbing land and gathering ever more power and willing to crush citizens.

Just to name a few. Are we really safer? Or is it just the calm before the next storm?
The world's religions have been fighting each other since they were made up. Again the data actually shows that homicide is down worldwide people are living longer then ever. I'm not disputing that there's still not problems in the world. like I said I'm also concealed Carrier myself. The facts are in the United States you are seven thousand times more likely to get shot by a cop then you are from some jihadist. And I have nothing against police officers they have a s***** job. If we got in a war with the two major superpowers your concealed weapon isn't going to stop a nuclear missile. I also have nothing against people who are Preppers other than the fact they're taking all my goddamn 22 long rifle. In sorry I'm not trying to be mean I just feel like the fear that people like yourself or selling actually hurts us gun owners more than it helps us. I personally feel we should be marveling in the fact that gun ownership is up and violent crime is way down.

You've made several assumptions in this exchange. I'm not selling fear. Just responding to what you wrote, since you implied that we all are safe. I still maintain that there are a lot of people, like myself, that don't feel safe in today's world. And I personally think that people would be better off if we all stopped telling others what they "should" do or how they "should" feel. That's what I object to in your attitude here.

Gun ownership is up in part because people are fearful.

And actually I'm not likely to be shot by a cop because I'm not a criminal, I'm not violent, and I don't live in and area where there are cop shootings. Most people claim the odds are more like 4-1 in normal communities and 8-1 in places like Chicago.
You're proving my point just because you feel unsafe doesn't mean that you actually are unsafe.
Just like if someone believe in unicorns doesn't mean there's unicorns. The facts have to line up with the evidence

Stop selling fear. We live in one of the safest times in human history. I have no problem with people that carrier I do. But I also understand my chances of ever needing it is less than being hit by lightning 5 times.

It doesn't feel that way. The "it could happen here. It could happen to me" is pretty intense. And voicing fear about the risks is one way of people processing the fear. Much like buying a Powerball ticket... the odds of my winning are ridiculous, but someone is going to win. Someone is going to get killed by jihadists on U.S. soil. That didn't occur in times past. Someone is going to be killed in school. Someone at the theater. Someone in church. Someone on the street.

We live in safe times? It's a matter of perspective, isn't it? Is the glass half full or half empty?

I am going to RESPECTFULLY disagree, as in the small bedroom community of Anchorage called Eagle River, has a supermarket managed by a freind of mine for 20+ years and she is commenting on the crime expanding in the area with a shootup in the parking lot a while back. so I would say the situation may be bright in one spot, but NOT in another! What is the safety condition in the waterfront of downtown Seattle? Queen Anne? Bellevue? It is a perspective, according to what is being looked at and compared.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top