JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Do you use a motorized vehicle, like an ATV, to hunt?

• Yes

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • No

Votes: 15 65.2%

• Total voters
Those chainsaw winch attachments are great , wish i could find a used one that was still working or only in need of minor repair.
the hydr setup he has bolts into his bed and isnt that bad or limiting. easy installs or removed in minutes. sorta based similar to drip line pullers used in nurseries,row crops that ive seen for pulling up the drip lines after the crop is done.
if we dont have the unit he still carries a 5000' spool of the mules tape and several blocks, if you can get the tape between the animal and a vehicle to attach it to that has room on a road or whatever to pull with it can save alot of work, back in November we pulled this bull about 400 yards from down in a ravine up to where we could load it with 2 blocks, mule tape and my pickup , pulling about 50 yrds at a time , all the room i had .View attachment 552912

this stuff is great, strong, light, a 5000' spool weighs about 75# .
View attachment 552913

Nice bull!!! Thanx fo the info too!

Damn, several trips, eh? I would assume there could be a few miles inolved? Sounds like a workout? Let the training begin! :)

Old Chinese Proverb: "Once the animal is down, the fun is over and the work begins!"

Yup, one better be ready for the obligation to complete the mission. That's why it's a good thing to spend time prepping body as well as gear. Of course, it's nice to have family or friends within reach.

(Edit: I've gotten deer out by myself and wouldn't consider it to be prohibitive, especially coastal deer that are about the size of a Great Dane... elk are another order of magnitude entirely. ;) )

heres a couple of options.
Screenshot_20190227-183203_Chrome.jpg Screenshot_20190227-183407_Chrome.jpg

my understanding is dont get the powerhouse chainsaw winch , its a chinese knockoff of the lewis and really weak gears.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews