Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

How many points does it take?

Discussion in 'Northwest Hunting' started by nwwoodsman, Mar 30, 2010.

1. nwwoodsman

nwwoodsman Vernonia Bronze Supporter Bronze Supporter 2015 Volunteer

I have 3 preference points towards my anterless deer tag. I plan on hunting Scappoose or Saddle Mtn units for does depending on if and where I get my tag for. Can anyone tell me how many points they usually have towards their doe tag before they finally draw one? Or any other species for that matter.

2. BrianL

BrianL Hermiston Active Member

I'm glad you asked this question. I've been wanting to know this also.

3. coyote223

coyote223 NW Oregon Stamp Collector,,,

Oregon has a screwy system. Not sure how long it takes. But I'm on 4 points with no tag yet, for Scappoose. I'm thinkin it will take atleast 5 or more years to draw a Doe tag for Scappoose. Unless your real lucky,,,

4. laymantj

laymantj Sandy Or. New Member

You can pick up a tag percentage book at BiMart for about $15.00 it will tell you what your chances are with your amount of points you have. It will also tell you the amount of % people have bagged in that unit. This book comes out every year mid Feb. You will find this book very helpfull when planning your hunts. I have been using it for almost ten years and get my cow points and tags every year if you use it right and play the system. Good luck