JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
As we get closer to NWFA V4, we're analyzing which features we use and which might not make it to the next version. Judging purely on statistics it looks like the chat doesn't get used much, but I'd like to get some feedback rather than making the call just based on that. For those of you who don't know we have a live chat (probably quite a few of you), there's a link to it at the bottom of the page :)

i wasn't aware there was a chat feature in this site. thought it was DM or forum post.

Again....what?

I'm as confused as you are.

So, I searched YT for Joe Link, found him:

He looks a little different than I remember, but he's not a bad singer....:rolleyes:

Seriously though, @Joe Link is on YT? That's news to me. Know what else is news to me? There are at least a dozen "Joe Link" on You Tube, and none I clicked on are him.

I appreciate the feedback everyone, seems most people didn't know it existed :s0114:

We will be retaining the feature when we move to NWFA V4.

Got to admit I didn't know it was there either.....having said that, how often will I use it...?? Honestly, probably not a ton.....some guys really like live chat, I like reading the forums when I have the time.

I've never been one to be in the chat room. Considering my typing skills, or lack there of, people would have gone to bed by the time I respond, see, it took me about a minute to type that and correct all the errors!

A question about the chat feature....On occasion I've seen the box down there, and seen only @RVTECH listed. Does that mean he's been in there all alone waiting for someone else to come in and chat with him? Felt kinda bad for the guy. Maybe I should have popped in and checked on him?

Does that mean he's been in there all alone waiting for someone else to come in and chat with him?
No - not really.
When I log onto NWFA I, by force of habit, hit the chat tab and it puts me in the room - but I may not stay there - but it leaves one 'in' the room for 30 minutes I believe then logs you off.
I 'show up' in the room more than I am actually there.

No - not really.
When I log onto NWFA I, by force of habit, hit the chat tab and it puts me in the room - but I may not stay there - but it leaves one 'in' the room for 30 minutes I believe then logs you off.
I 'show up' in the room more than I am actually there.

:D That makes sense. I guess if you're used to spending time in a chat room you'd check in there for a bit when you log on.

As we get closer to NWFA V4, we're analyzing which features we use and which might not make it to the next version. Judging purely on statistics it looks like the chat doesn't get used much, but I'd like to get some feedback rather than making the call just based on that. For those of you who don't know we have a live chat (probably quite a few of you), there's a link to it at the bottom of the page :)
I would use it but didn't know there even WAS a chat now. I am on iPhone only more or less.

Have never used it as it would lock me into the computer. :eek:
I prefer to PM, even though there is a delay in response.:rolleyes:
Using PM gives me time to get my thoughts in order so as not to be miss-understood.:oops:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top