JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Never used it. Can't think of a need that can't be fulfilled by just posting in a thread. I guess I'm just not in that much of a hurry. :)

I wonder if it might be fun having a weekly 'scheduled' chat.

Interesting idea. At least getting the word out there is such a feature may be a good idea, for those that may avail themselves of said. :)

There is a chat feature?

Indeed.

bxC4lH2.png

Shall I cue up Blondie and "Call Me"...MMM...Debbie Harry...;):D
Andy

LOL!

Personally I miss the old dial up BBM's...
Last time I went into the chat it was being "owned" by a couple of snobs. Maybe if a user could start their own chat room and could control access then it would be a more positive experience.

Personally I miss the old dial up BBM's...

Dial-up BBSes were super neat-o (info, chat, downloads, door games, and much more!). In addition to using a bunch, me and a friend ran one in the early-to-mid-90s. IIRC, my father-in-law ran one back in that era too. Good times ... at least according to my hazy recollection. :s0112:

Dial-up BBSes were super neat-o (info, chat, downloads, door games, and much more!). In addition to using a bunch, me and a friend ran one in the early-to-mid-90s. IIRC, my father-in-law ran one back in that era too. Good times ... at least according to my hazy recollection. :s0112:
Yes, BBS is what I meant. BBM is my BlackBerry Messenger. I'm transposing a lot lately. Maybe I need another layer of aluminum foil in my hat.
But yes, the dial up's did rock! Then there was the keeping up with the new baud rates on the modems as the rolled out. 1200, 2400, 14400, 28.8, 33.6.... bonus points if I had enough spare scratch to score a US Robotics.

Yes, BBS is what I meant. BBM is my BlackBerry Messenger. I'm transposing a lot lately. Maybe I need another layer of aluminum foil in my hat.
But yes, the dial up's did rock! Then there was the keeping up with the new baud rates on the modems as the rolled out. 1200, 2400, 14400, 28.8, 33.6.... bonus points if I had enough spare scratch to score a US Robotics.

Oh yah, US Robotics Sportster. Rolling down the (digital) street with the 14400 ... and later that rocking 56K. :s0112:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top