JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been homebrewing for about nine years now and brew predominantly Belgian style ales, but I occasionally do a porter for the wife and usually do some holiday ales including an annual pumpkin ale during the Halloween season. I'm an all grain brewer with a propane single-tier keggle system.

I've been on a brief hiatus after a prolific period of brewing, but plan on brewing a Belgian saison soon for spring.

Cheers!

I've been homebrewing for about nine years now and brew predominantly Belgian style ales, but I occasionally do a porter for the wife and usually do some holiday ales including an annual pumpkin ale during the Halloween season. I'm an all grain brewer with a propane single-tier keggle system.

I've been on a brief hiatus after a prolific period of brewing, but plan on brewing a Belgian saison soon for spring.

Cheers!
Nice. I love me some Belgian style brews. I haven't brewed an actual beer in a number of years since I moved into an apartment without a decent stovetop. Really looking forward to getting a burner and rebrewing a Trippel that I have saved in beersmith.

Nice. I love me some Belgian style brews. I haven't brewed an actual beer in a number of years since I moved into an apartment without a decent stovetop. Really looking forward to getting a burner and rebrewing a Trippel that I have saved in beersmith.

I have a house tripel that I brew based on some recipes from "Brew Like a Monk", which I highly recommend buying a copy if you don't already own it. My copy is dog-eared with notes scribbled in the margins throughout.

I'd be interested to see your recipe. Is it up on Brewer's Friend or a similar site?

I have a house tripel that I brew based on some recipes from "Brew Like a Monk", which I highly recommend buying a copy if you don't already own it. My copy is dog-eared with notes scribbled in the margins throughout.

I'd be interested to see your recipe. Is it up on Brewer's Friend or a similar site?
It is not. I dont like sharing my recipes because almost every one is untested or needs work. When I get a recipe to a point that I am satisfied with it I might share it at that point. But it's gonna be awhile.

I've been homebrewing for over 25 years, but there was a hiatus of a few years about 10 years ago when I focused alot on camping and hiking.

I brew a little bit of everything depending on my interests at the moment. Don't do alot of lagers due to the whole temperature control thing.

This year I'm upgrading from a 3 tier keggle setup to dedicated kettles with pump setup. Almost done putting it together and should have the maiden brew session soon.

I don't have anything brewing right now but love to start making some lawnmower beers this time of year. I thought I was out of the hobby and got rid of all my corny kegs so just bottling for now. I do all grain, BIAB, 10 gallons at a time. I forgot how much work bottling was :oops:

Bottling sucks, I can't imagine doing 10 gallons at a time! I feel for you. Heck, I'm willing to donate some cornies to help you out if you want some pin locks.

Damn, screw bottling 10 gallons at a time. That is just nuts. One of my favorite upgrades was switching to kegging. I keg my brews and I havent even stepped up to all grain yet.

Cheers!
That bastard @AshWilliams makes a wicked good Meade that will knock your socks off and kiss you goodnight as well.

Mead and cider are definitely a lot easier than beer. And a favorite of the ladies. I have a couple of meads aging at the moment, one with raspberry puree added, and the other one straight up. I used some high alcohol tolerant yeast on a mead several years ago and ended up with rocket fuel! It would light you up, but also leave you with a headache.
o_O

Mead and cider are definitely a lot easier than beer. And a favorite of the ladies. I have a couple of meads aging at the moment, one with raspberry puree added, and the other one straight up. I used some high alcohol tolerant yeast on a mead several years ago and ended up with rocket fuel! It would light you up, but also leave you with a headache.
o_O
I enjoy the ease of brewing with cider and mead. Makes brewing much easier to do in my little free time.

The final piece to my rig is a cheap HERMS or RIMS system so I can more accurately control my mash temps. I could also use another march pump, but that's a nice to have.

I used to be quite the active homebrewer, since it was just like playing in the lab when I was getting my chemistry degrees. Alas, my current wife does not drink beer, and I am down to drinking 2-3 beers a week. And with the massive upsurge of very good IPAs available, it really does not pencil out for me to brew my own any more. I have from time to time thought about the Picobrew or Zymatic; a friend of mine is at a brewpub, and they use a Zymatic to make test batches before scaling it up to the three barrel system.

I have fun with Mead and ciders. Been at it for 5 years or so. I like to try new styles, and I have yet to do the same recipe twice. Some come out better than others. Probably have 3-gallons bottled at the moment. A ginger lemon cider and a blackberry mead. A friend of a friend made some applejack that is amazing; takes forever to make though. 15556244397329062736199791412115.jpg

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top