JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've been homebrewing for about nine years now and brew predominantly Belgian style ales, but I occasionally do a porter for the wife and usually do some holiday ales including an annual pumpkin ale during the Halloween season. I'm an all grain brewer with a propane single-tier keggle system.

I've been on a brief hiatus after a prolific period of brewing, but plan on brewing a Belgian saison soon for spring.

Cheers!

I've been homebrewing for about nine years now and brew predominantly Belgian style ales, but I occasionally do a porter for the wife and usually do some holiday ales including an annual pumpkin ale during the Halloween season. I'm an all grain brewer with a propane single-tier keggle system.

I've been on a brief hiatus after a prolific period of brewing, but plan on brewing a Belgian saison soon for spring.

Cheers!
Nice. I love me some Belgian style brews. I haven't brewed an actual beer in a number of years since I moved into an apartment without a decent stovetop. Really looking forward to getting a burner and rebrewing a Trippel that I have saved in beersmith.

Nice. I love me some Belgian style brews. I haven't brewed an actual beer in a number of years since I moved into an apartment without a decent stovetop. Really looking forward to getting a burner and rebrewing a Trippel that I have saved in beersmith.

I have a house tripel that I brew based on some recipes from "Brew Like a Monk", which I highly recommend buying a copy if you don't already own it. My copy is dog-eared with notes scribbled in the margins throughout.

I'd be interested to see your recipe. Is it up on Brewer's Friend or a similar site?

I have a house tripel that I brew based on some recipes from "Brew Like a Monk", which I highly recommend buying a copy if you don't already own it. My copy is dog-eared with notes scribbled in the margins throughout.

I'd be interested to see your recipe. Is it up on Brewer's Friend or a similar site?
It is not. I dont like sharing my recipes because almost every one is untested or needs work. When I get a recipe to a point that I am satisfied with it I might share it at that point. But it's gonna be awhile.

I've been homebrewing for over 25 years, but there was a hiatus of a few years about 10 years ago when I focused alot on camping and hiking.

I brew a little bit of everything depending on my interests at the moment. Don't do alot of lagers due to the whole temperature control thing.

This year I'm upgrading from a 3 tier keggle setup to dedicated kettles with pump setup. Almost done putting it together and should have the maiden brew session soon.

I don't have anything brewing right now but love to start making some lawnmower beers this time of year. I thought I was out of the hobby and got rid of all my corny kegs so just bottling for now. I do all grain, BIAB, 10 gallons at a time. I forgot how much work bottling was :oops:

Bottling sucks, I can't imagine doing 10 gallons at a time! I feel for you. Heck, I'm willing to donate some cornies to help you out if you want some pin locks.

Damn, screw bottling 10 gallons at a time. That is just nuts. One of my favorite upgrades was switching to kegging. I keg my brews and I havent even stepped up to all grain yet.

Cheers!
That bastard @AshWilliams makes a wicked good Meade that will knock your socks off and kiss you goodnight as well.

Mead and cider are definitely a lot easier than beer. And a favorite of the ladies. I have a couple of meads aging at the moment, one with raspberry puree added, and the other one straight up. I used some high alcohol tolerant yeast on a mead several years ago and ended up with rocket fuel! It would light you up, but also leave you with a headache.
o_O

Mead and cider are definitely a lot easier than beer. And a favorite of the ladies. I have a couple of meads aging at the moment, one with raspberry puree added, and the other one straight up. I used some high alcohol tolerant yeast on a mead several years ago and ended up with rocket fuel! It would light you up, but also leave you with a headache.
o_O
I enjoy the ease of brewing with cider and mead. Makes brewing much easier to do in my little free time.

The final piece to my rig is a cheap HERMS or RIMS system so I can more accurately control my mash temps. I could also use another march pump, but that's a nice to have.

I used to be quite the active homebrewer, since it was just like playing in the lab when I was getting my chemistry degrees. Alas, my current wife does not drink beer, and I am down to drinking 2-3 beers a week. And with the massive upsurge of very good IPAs available, it really does not pencil out for me to brew my own any more. I have from time to time thought about the Picobrew or Zymatic; a friend of mine is at a brewpub, and they use a Zymatic to make test batches before scaling it up to the three barrel system.

I have fun with Mead and ciders. Been at it for 5 years or so. I like to try new styles, and I have yet to do the same recipe twice. Some come out better than others. Probably have 3-gallons bottled at the moment. A ginger lemon cider and a blackberry mead. A friend of a friend made some applejack that is amazing; takes forever to make though. 15556244397329062736199791412115.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top