J&B Firearm Sales
Oregon Rifleworks
Low Price Guns
Oregon Arms & Ammunition
Defensive Arts
Advertise on Northwest Firearms

How many lefties do we have here?

Reactions
I'm gonna learn, as I'm left eye dominant, but right handed.
I'll figure it out.

Any shooters have the same situation as me?

I'm the same as you! :)

I'm left eye dominant but normally right handed. We've gone shooting quite a few times since we figured this out and I've mainly used my left hand. I think it has helped me.

Reactions
I'm left-handed, and barely left-eye dominant. All the eye dominance tests say I'm lefty-eyed, but I usually shoot with my right eye at least partially shut-down, so there is only one set of sights and one target from which to choose. I am surprised by the number of shooters who are cross-dominant, and didn't even know the condition existed until I started shooting with a large group of people on a regular basis.

Joe Link

Reactions
  • Fight For Your Right
  • Entomologist
  • Three Bags of Trash
  • Meet & Greet
  • National Rifle Association
  • Second Amendment Foundation
For a long time I couldn't figure out why Jenny couldn't hit the paper with my Sig P226 at even 20 feet. Then I read about cross-dominance on a forum somewhere and had her try it. Sure enough, left eye, right hand. Had her try shooting left/left and she outshoots me now :(

Reactions
"How many lefties do we have here?"

Hopefully none!

Lefties are evil, Demonic minions of Satan. I thought everybody knew this; what are they teaching kids these days.

Reactions
"How many lefties do we have here?"

Hopefully none!

Lefties are evil, Demonic minions of Satan. I thought everybody knew this; what are they teaching kids these days.
Makes it harder for the heavenly, right-handed criminal types to snatch weapons.

I'm the same as you! :)

I'm left eye dominant but normally right handed. We've gone shooting quite a few times since we figured this out and I've mainly used my left hand. I think it has helped me.
It sure has helped me, I'm getting better groups - I just need to send my weapon to H&K and get the controls flipped.

Reactions
I am left handed, and slightly clumsy with my right. I bat and golf right-handed, but throw and bowl with my left. I shoot left-handed, but at age fifty seven finally discovered that I am right eye dominant, and need to learn to shoot all over again!

Why are so many firearm manufacturers so stupid as to exclude ambidextrous safeties on their gun designs?...........................elsullo :huh:

Reactions
So in short we are all all screwed up?

I shoot rifles left handed and pistols right. Should probally learn to shoot pistols left and I might actually hit something. I am righthanded (probally a product of left being bad and having it beaten out of me in public school system) but strongly left eyed.

Steven

UPCOMING EVENTS

Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Pistol April 4th
Cerberus Training Group
47 Cattle Dr, Goldendale, WA 98620, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Run the Gun - Rifle April 5th
Cerberus Training Group
Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Cerberus Training Group - Skill Builder - April 25-26th
Cerberus Training Group

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Steve is great. Easy to deal with, super low prices on his transfers.
    • DizzyJ
  • Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Had my first transaction with Steve and will be recommending him to anyone in my circle. Good guy with a really helpful attitude and goes the...
    • SonnyJim
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    This is the closest gun close to my house and they have always been super nice. I have bought two guns off them and sold one of mine to them.
    • storminnorm44
  • Supporting Vendor Oregon Arms & Ammunition
    5.00 star(s)
    Went in to pick up some parts for an AR style 10/22 and to start my journey into building an AR by picking up a lower. Staff was super helpful and...
    • Hueco
  • Tri-County Gun Club
    5.00 star(s)
    I've been a member for 6 years, been shooting there (as a guest) for three years before that. I found the Ladies League and was hooked. It's the...
    • PacwestDefense

SUPPORT NORTHWEST FIREARMS