JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm left-handed, and barely left-eye dominant. All the eye dominance tests say I'm lefty-eyed, but I usually shoot with my right eye at least partially shut-down, so there is only one set of sights and one target from which to choose. I am surprised by the number of shooters who are cross-dominant, and didn't even know the condition existed until I started shooting with a large group of people on a regular basis.

For a long time I couldn't figure out why Jenny couldn't hit the paper with my Sig P226 at even 20 feet. Then I read about cross-dominance on a forum somewhere and had her try it. Sure enough, left eye, right hand. Had her try shooting left/left and she outshoots me now :(

"How many lefties do we have here?"

Hopefully none!

Lefties are evil, Demonic minions of Satan. I thought everybody knew this; what are they teaching kids these days.

Makes it harder for the heavenly, right-handed criminal types to snatch weapons.

I'm the same as you! :)

I'm left eye dominant but normally right handed. We've gone shooting quite a few times since we figured this out and I've mainly used my left hand. I think it has helped me.

It sure has helped me, I'm getting better groups - I just need to send my weapon to H&K and get the controls flipped.

I am left handed, and slightly clumsy with my right. I bat and golf right-handed, but throw and bowl with my left. I shoot left-handed, but at age fifty seven finally discovered that I am right eye dominant, and need to learn to shoot all over again!

Why are so many firearm manufacturers so stupid as to exclude ambidextrous safeties on their gun designs?...........................elsullo :huh:

So in short we are all all screwed up?

I shoot rifles left handed and pistols right. Should probally learn to shoot pistols left and I might actually hit something. I am righthanded (probally a product of left being bad and having it beaten out of me in public school system) but strongly left eyed.

Steven

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top