JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How long do you wait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he called and explained, and is on his way, fine.
Other than that,...
It's not how long you wait for him.
It's how long before you find a new hunting partner.

I think it depends on the person. If he is normally on time and a good partner I'd lean toward patience, but if always late and not a great partner I'd be out the door. As PDX posted, a quick phone call would clear things up pretty quick - who knows, maybe a flat tire, car trouble, etc. happened?

At 6:00 am I am parked and usually out of the rig, finding my way through the woods almost by feel. knowing exactly where I have seen my target last, from scouting the months before, and knowing by 7:00 am daylight is going to be in favor of the elk seeing me, if I make one mistake the day might be wasted.
I bring no one to share this experience with me. I hunt elk alone.

At 6:00 am I am parked and usually out of the rig, finding my way through the woods almost by feel. knowing exactly where I have seen my target last, from scouting the months before, and knowing by 7:00 am daylight is going to be in favor of the elk seeing me, if I make one mistake the day might be wasted.
I bring no one to share this experience with me. I hunt elk alone.

Can I come?

Can I come?

After a kill I can use all the help I can get.
Years back, I would get as hi up on an a hill as I could and Holler into my CB to some friends with base stations back in town. They were always ready to help pack out.
That works two ways also, I have been there to pull there rigs out of the mud in the middle of the night and to get them off the mountain during a bad storm, etc.
Those CBs worked ok with the dogs also.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads