JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

How long do you wait?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If he called and explained, and is on his way, fine.
Other than that,...
It's not how long you wait for him.
It's how long before you find a new hunting partner.

I think it depends on the person. If he is normally on time and a good partner I'd lean toward patience, but if always late and not a great partner I'd be out the door. As PDX posted, a quick phone call would clear things up pretty quick - who knows, maybe a flat tire, car trouble, etc. happened?

At 6:00 am I am parked and usually out of the rig, finding my way through the woods almost by feel. knowing exactly where I have seen my target last, from scouting the months before, and knowing by 7:00 am daylight is going to be in favor of the elk seeing me, if I make one mistake the day might be wasted.
I bring no one to share this experience with me. I hunt elk alone.

At 6:00 am I am parked and usually out of the rig, finding my way through the woods almost by feel. knowing exactly where I have seen my target last, from scouting the months before, and knowing by 7:00 am daylight is going to be in favor of the elk seeing me, if I make one mistake the day might be wasted.
I bring no one to share this experience with me. I hunt elk alone.

Can I come?

Can I come?

After a kill I can use all the help I can get.
Years back, I would get as hi up on an a hill as I could and Holler into my CB to some friends with base stations back in town. They were always ready to help pack out.
That works two ways also, I have been there to pull there rigs out of the mud in the middle of the night and to get them off the mountain during a bad storm, etc.
Those CBs worked ok with the dogs also.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top