JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
For all the firearms, a large spreadsheet. Anything NFA has the appropriate forms and any related documents scanned into Adobe PDF as a backup to paper records. All of which backed up regularly to various mediums.

I keep photos with the SN, pertinent data and date of purchase, clearly shown on a dry erase board, in the photo! This simple way to record my guns and gear, fits me! You know, simple! Of course I have no option for going in depth, so a lot of custom or build features would be tough!
One nice feature to you guys that have guns that aren't registered might like is you could, theoretically, keep those photos and information separate and perhaps off of the premises. If, that is, you were a gun cheating scum! :mad: Something I would never do, because I'm fond of my government! :)
Was there a lightning strike in your area tonight??? :rolleyes:

Pen and paper for me.

And,I display all of my guns,so no need to wonder where any are at..plus it will be easier on my wife when I croak to not have to search all over for keys,combos,paperwork,etc.
If I cant see,fondle and enjoy them,they do me no good.
Why have a bunch of crap you can't see or use?
Just my untactical technique.

Nice new Stuka, Stuka! :D

Why?
The less paper trail the better.

Wait...... shiz

Does this mean my collection isn't big enough if I don't have to catalog it?
I try to keep my stuff organized.
I keep a file on my phone in the notes for the serial numbers of my firearms and the amount of stuff I have.
But it's not enough to form a spreadsheet

I lost all of mine in a boating accident....;)

15873613_1370370029671748_2802775951430086739_n.jpg

take photos with a close up of the serial... put in a folder for each gun on external thumb drive include photos or scans of receipts etc. including anything custom or repairs etc. Put external drive in fireproof safe. If you have a buddy you trust copy thumb drive and have him put that in his safe.

They also had a breach a couple years ago where all DropBox users had access to ALL DropBox content of all users for a whole weekend..... Passwords would not help that.

I guess I'm the only one who encrypts and password protects important documents.

:)

I keep all mine on pen and paper. I keep one copy in my residence and another at my folks, just case the house goes up in smoke or some such catastrophe (call me paranoid or prepared) I just don't trust any electronic media, hard drives fail, clouds can be hacked, laptops stolen, etc. I also keep a list of which guns go to which kid, in case of my untimely demise, even though they all know which ones are their favorites and i've verbally told them their getting it. I revise it once a year. :cool:

i need a better tracking system. I need to keep a list of all my guns with serial numbers, make, model, accessories, date purchased, price paid, caliber, shot count, photos, build data, rate of twist, etc. Before I go through the trouble of making my own data base I'd like to know how you guys do it. What about iPhone apps and pre made note books? I'm still searching on ideas. I need to figure out a range log also but that will come later. Thanks.
I use a separate google docs account and for every gun I make a separate document with all the info including make, model, barrel length, caliber, ammunition to use, muzzle velocity, velocities every 100 yards out to 2,000 yards, foot pounds of every ever 100 yards out to 2,000 yards, bullet weight, bullet coefficient, rifleing rate, chamber length, etc.

The only problem with using a service like drop box is your files and information is comingled on public servers that have the risk of being compromised.
I keep mine in encrypted drive- no cloud, EVER

How do you handle backing up that data and securing it? For example, what happens if your house burns down? Do you have a copy of data off site somewhere?

How do you handle backing up that data and securing it? For example, what happens if your house burns down? Do you have a copy of data off site somewhere?
Yes I have a backup encrypted USB drive that also contains copies of pertinent info. It remains in an undisclosed offsite location :)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top