JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
i need a better tracking system. I need to keep a list of all my guns with serial numbers, make, model, accessories, date purchased, price paid, caliber, shot count, photos, build data, rate of twist, etc. Before I go through the trouble of making my own data base I'd like to know how you guys do it. What about iPhone apps and pre made note books? I'm still searching on ideas. I need to figure out a range log also but that will come later. Thanks.

Make an excel spreadsheet that has the information.

Dropbox.com

Call it done. Any computer can use Dropbox like a regular local folder so if you need to make changes you open the .xls file remotely and save remotely.

Dropbox.com

Call it done. Any computer can use Dropbox like a regular local folder so if you need to make changes you open the .xls file remotely and save remotely.
The only problem with using a service like drop box is your files and information is comingled on public servers that have the risk of being compromised.
I keep mine in encrypted drive- no cloud, EVER

The only problem with using a service like drop box is your files and information is comingled on public servers that have the risk of being compromised.
I keep mine in encrypted drive- no cloud, EVER
Eh... wasn't thinking serials.

My serial numbers are written in a Trust that's spread out to all members so that part I wasn't referring to. Should have clarified.

Besides, government knows what you have anyway unless it's all been bought without a bgc and paid for by cash at a flea market.

Why?
The less paper trail the better.

Wait...... shiz

Does this mean my collection isn't big enough if I don't have to catalog it?
I try to keep my stuff organized.
I keep a file on my phone in the notes for the serial numbers of my firearms and the amount of stuff I have.
But it's not enough to form a spreadsheet

Why?
The less paper trail the better.

Wait...... shiz

Does this mean my collection isn't big enough if I don't have to catalog it?
I try to keep my stuff organized.
I keep a file on my phone in the notes for the serial numbers of my firearms and the amount of stuff I have.
But it's not enough to form a spreadsheet
I like spreadsheets..o_O

Receipts are all kept together in order of purchase.
All but carry gun are kept together in same secure location.
I also give them names so if one goes missing I can ask myself "where the hell is Bob?"

I use a spreadsheet here. Make, Model, S/N, Purchase Date, Source for the firearms.

I don't keep a running inventory of the ammo on hand but I do keep track of round count and preferred loads.

I scan and then save receipts digitally. For load data I like Excel. For YEARS I used a notebook. Wife tried to teach me Excel. It was not going well and she gave up. :confused: When I went back to College one of the classes was Excel. I was amazed what it could do once you learn how to use it. :eek:

I keep photos with the SN, pertinent data and date of purchase, clearly shown on a dry erase board, in the photo! This simple way to record my guns and gear, fits me! You know, simple! Of course I have no option for going in depth, so a lot of custom or build features would be tough!
One nice feature to you guys that have guns that aren't registered might like is you could, theoretically, keep those photos and information separate and perhaps off of the premises. If, that is, you were a gun cheating scum! :mad: Something I would never do, because I'm fond of my government! :)

If I only had a Remington 1100 and Ruger 10-22 I wouldn't need a log. I have several AR's, some Colt, some BCM, some frankinguns put together with differant triggers, barrels, bolts, uppers, lowers, etc. I reload and it's nice to know things like twist rates and chambers (2.23, Wylde, 5.56). Some are mid-length, some are carbine or rifle. It gets complicated. Also, like most of you, I have guns that I rarely or never shoot. It'd be nice to document these so the kids and grandkids know the history behind them. Basically, I need to get my act together and I'm looking for a starting point.

Pen and paper for me.

And,I display all of my guns,so no need to wonder where any are at..plus it will be easier on my wife when I croak to not have to search all over for keys,combos,paperwork,etc.
If I cant see,fondle and enjoy them,they do me no good.
Why have a bunch of crap you can't see or use?
Just my untactical technique.

Dropbox.com

Never trust the cloud. Just saying...

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads