JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
i need a better tracking system. I need to keep a list of all my guns with serial numbers, make, model, accessories, date price paid, caliber, shot count, photos, build data, rate of twist, etc. Before I go through the trouble of making my own data base I'd like to know how you guys do it. What about iPhone apps and pre made note books? I'm still searching on ideas. I need to figure out a range log also but that will come later. Thanks.
i need a better tracking system. I need to keep a list of all my guns with serial numbers, make, model, accessories, date purchased, price paid, caliber, shot count, photos, build data, rate of twist, etc. Before I go through the trouble of making my own data base I'd like to know how you guys do it. What about iPhone apps and pre made note books? I'm still searching on ideas. I need to figure out a range log also but that will come later. Thanks.

I wouldn't just so my wife wouldn't find said info. I certainly don't hide things but doesn't mean she keeps track of what I've spent either!

Joking aside I have thought of this. Mostly because I am starting to not remember some of these things and would like to keep track while I still do.

Ain't nobody got time for all that. I just need to know what area to search when I'm looking for something.

...and everything's got less than 200 rounds through it.

What I conduct every year to earn additional $$ to buy ammo or whatever....
We are talking about work aren't we??? :rolleyes:
Who are you people? I thought this was a place for cat pictures. What are "guns?"

IMG_1071.JPG

i need a better tracking system. I need to keep a list of all my guns with serial numbers, make, model, accessories, date purchased, price paid, caliber, shot count, photos, build data, rate of twist, etc. Before I go through the trouble of making my own data base I'd like to know how you guys do it. What about iPhone apps and pre made note books? I'm still searching on ideas. I need to figure out a range log also but that will come later. Thanks.

tracking system for what? All my firearms were lost in a catastrophic boating accident.

Receipts are all kept together in order of purchase.
All but carry gun are kept together in same secure location.
I also give them names so if one goes missing I can ask myself "where the hell is Bob?"
Maybe keep pictures too, so an artist can digitally "age" Bob while he's missing. Look, now he has a picatinny rail, a collapsible buttstock and a sweet red dot!

Maybe keep pictures too, so an artist can digitally "age" Bob while he's missing. Look, now he has a picatinny rail, a collapsible buttstock and a sweet red dot!

Now that is thinking! Better than seeing Bob on the back of a milk carton. No wait...I would like to see Missing Gun "Children" on milk cartons. (Just not mine)
Contact the Center for Missing and Exploited Firearms now!

I keep track of every penny I spend in Excel spreadsheets. Every transaction shows where, how much, the method of payment, and the category. Guns are under Recreation & Recreation & Medical are color coded so I can easily copy & paste them into a yearly roll-up page. I also keep track on my income so I can quickly look at the expense vs. income figures and they roll-up onto my yearly sheet as well. For some strange reason the Recreation numbers are always the highest......

I also use a spreadsheet for my firearms: Type (rifle, etc) model & serial, date of Mfg, where/who it was purchased from, amount paid & the date of purchase. For firearms I've given as gifts to my son & grandson (that's the only way to get some guns into CA) or if they were sold (rarely) how much I was paid & who purchased it along with the mod/serial info above.

Anything firearm related, ammo, tools, etc are in the Recreation category. I'm always amazed at how big that number is at the end of the year but some guys like booze & hookers, gambling, or cars. My hobby & passion are firearms & since I always have more income than expenses at the end of the year I'm fine with that.

I just use digital camera take pictures of gun and serial number and hide the SD CARD TILL I GET NEW GUN the problem is sometimes I forget where I hid the last card mmmm that gives me something to do today look for all my SD CARDS LOL

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top