EDC neck knife?

Reactions
When I feel the need, I carry a small Smith & Wesson dagger that can double as a boot knife...though I found the boot clip to be useless. I do like the looks of the Ka-bar Esee Eskabar....may have to upgrade.

The Heretic

Reactions
I also ordered the zytel scales for the grip as I can't do that fancy schmancy parachord wrap!:D

View attachment 762923
I no longer use paracord on knives in any way. It occurred to me that if I am dealing with game processing with a knife that has paracord on it, that the paracord would get soaked with blood and/or meat may be embedded in it as it is porous. Cleaning the paracord, especially in the field would be difficult, maybe not possible. I would not want to contaminate other food/etc. by using such a knife. I would prefer a knife with impermeable and easily cleanable surfaces.

HA556

Reactions
I no longer use paracord on knives in any way. It occurred to me that if I am dealing with game processing with a knife that has paracord on it, that the paracord would get soaked with blood and/or meat may be embedded in it as it is porous. Cleaning the paracord, especially in the field would be difficult, maybe not possible. I would not want to contaminate other food/etc. by using such a knife. I would prefer a knife with impermeable and easily cleanable surfaces.
I never thought of it that way but, it makes a lot of sense! I also don't care for the para chord for feel factor.

The Heretic

Reactions
I never thought of it that way but, it makes a lot of sense! I also don't care for the para chord for feel factor.
I use it on other tools/etc. - such as a staff and the handle of a Belt Axe (hatchet), both of which are improved by the paracord IMO - but not on anything that I process food with. I wrapped a sheath it so that I would have some paracord handy.

Just to note, the Spyderco Ronin is over a hundred dollars from what I am finding.:eek:
yeah that’s not a cheap knife by any stretch...I was laughing cause I have found myself calling places that aren’t taking calls during this COVID situation.

that said you gentlemen have given me plenty of new neck knives to check out during this thread!

HA556

Reactions
I don't think I'm going to like carrying this one around the neck so, I just ordered the belt clip to attach to the sheath and wear on my hip.

41wWBiYBLJL._AC_.jpg

I really like this knife much better with the grips attached! Think this one is going to make it in the EDC rotation once the belt clip arrives. I think Ka-bar should sell this set up as a package deal for those who are inclined.:rolleyes:

View attachment 765257 View attachment 765258
that’s a good looking blade! Thanks for the update!

UPCOMING EVENTS

Arms Collectors of SW Washington Gun Show
Battleground Community Center
912 E Main St, Battle Ground, WA 98604, USA
Rimfire Challenge Dec 12th @ DRRC
Douglas Ridge Rifle Club
27787 OR-224, Eagle Creek, OR 97022, USA
Albany Rifle & Pistol Club (ARPC) Gun Show
Linn County Expo Center
3700 Knox Butte Rd E, Albany, OR 97322, USA

LATEST RESOURCE REVIEWS

• Adaptive Firing Solutions
    5.00 star(s)
    Adaptive Firing Solutions. A+
    5 stars does not do Adaptive Firing Solutions justice. I have done business with him multiple times and wish I could give at least 12 stars...
  • Limitless America
    5.00 star(s)
    Awesome shop
    Love this shop. Purchased a few items from them. Always have a lot of parts in stock without much markup. Purchased two cans this summer from them...
  • Gator's Custom Guns
    5.00 star(s)
    Great, old school gun shop
    The store is a treasure trove I have found magazines for H&K, Ruger and M1A's and at great prices. The staff is knowledgeable and friendly and...
    • GWS
  • HighLine Firearms
    4.00 star(s)
    great place
    nice guy, local
  • Sportsman's Warehouse - Albany
    5.00 star(s)
    Good products at good prices with friendly and knowledgeable staff!
    We like to visit the Albany location as it's closer but have been to several others and they have all been great!:D
Top Bottom