JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
smock.jpg Not necessarily Every DC but sometimes.

Frost Pocket Rocket II . I managed to find two of the earlier Japanese examples. Frost = affordable. And some of them are reasonably good, if you pick and choose. So that I retain some street cred, I carry it in a Gerber sheath. :rolleyes:

Screen Shot 2021-12-24 at 1.34.45 AM.png

I was wearing one of these on my hip before I was an "Old Timer"....

46a768da389fc292829ed5fcfb9--pocket-knives-pockets.jpg
Not the same one. I have two idententical. One stays in nice shape in the undershirt drawer, with a new condition "Old Timer" sheath. And the other that's been used for all manner of things in the 25+ years it's been with me, and shows the use.

I just found my old edc knife in the back shelf of my gun safe, and old Kershaw Leek. Almost forgot how thin and smooth the action is. Just in time for all the Christmas present openings, LOL.

The bubblegum
This has become my latest EDC. Still find it hard to believe they got away with this as an assisted but, they have been selling them here for a hell of a long time know. Not to mention
The "assisted" knives are handy, but my solid D/A OTF knives are really great. I have a Viper-Tec (M390 steel) and an AKC X-treme D/A OTF with an OD green handle and black slide actuator. These OTF knives will be around long after I have "departed from the scene".

I was wearing one of these on my hip before I was an "Old Timer"....

View attachment 1094427
Not the same one. I have two idententical. One stays in nice shape in the undershirt drawer, with a new condition "Old Timer" sheath. And the other that's been used for all manner of things in the 25+ years it's been with me, and shows the use.
Small world.

There are 2 of these here too.

One belonged to my late husband and one is my MT husband's.

I gave my late husband's knife to my husband.

One is NIB and one is used too.

Cate

My newest EDC knife is a Case Sod Buster Jr. In Chestnut Bone and Case's CV steel.
Andy
Those are really nice knives! Beautiful knives!

My husband said that you got yourself a really nice knife too. I am reading a bit to him while we are drinking our morning coffee.

I don't use folding/pocket knives and only use fixed blade knives but if I could use them with my hand issues, I would still use them.

Case - PA, Buck - ID, KA-BAR - NY, etc. are superb knives and they hold up very well.

Classic knives and classic companies!

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

Cate

Thank you @Catherine1

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas too....!
As well as enjoying your coffee...Love a good cup of Joe myself.

It is a very pretty knife for sure...sharp as the dickens out the box too.

I also like it because its slim and doesn't "print" when I wear it....
The school where I work now , its not so much a big deal ...where I used to work it was at times.

One of my favorite comments about me carrying a knife at my old school happened when a co-worker asked me to cut some string...I did so...and then she asked : "Why do you carry a knife ?".....Ummm....to cut things...? LOL
Andy

Thank you @Catherine1

I wish you and yours a Merry Christmas too....!
As well as enjoying your coffee...Love a good cup of Joe myself.

It is a very pretty knife for sure...sharp as the dickens out the box too.

I also like it because its slim and doesn't "print" when I wear it....
The school where I work now , its not so much a big deal ...where I used to work it was at times.

One of my favorite comments about me carrying a knife at my old school happened when a co-worker asked me to cut some string...I did so...and then she asked : "Why do you carry a knife ?".....Ummm....to cut things...? LOL
Andy
Good story about your co-worker! Love it!

My MT husband ALWAYS carries a smaller pocket knife/folding knife/jack knife on him unless it is the courthouse for jury duty or paying taxes inside of the courthouse. He USED to carry a small knife there but now? Who knows? LOL

He said the same thing that you just said too.

My late husband did the SAME thing too! He was never without a pocket knife. He would be 76 1/2 years old now.

Can you wear a small multi tool or task set made by SAK or Leatherman on your leather belt and slide it further back from the front of your body in your school while your work?

I was raised by men and women (Uh huh, including my late Mother.) who ALWAYS carried a small knife with them long BEFORE I was born in NY (1950) and while living in Maryland. My late Mom had one in her purse and one in a small, black leather medical bag too. During WW2 and on. I do not remember if she carried one during the depression or not. Maybe in college and in other places for her work and graduate studies? She was born in 1920.

My older brother who worked for the Federal government carried a small pocket knife with him even while working in a federal .gov building his entire life immediately after his Army time but AFTER a very long time frame there - they made super strict rules and declared it a NO no!

My MT husband said that he feels naked without a knife in his pocket too.

My late husband got me to carry one in my purse not long after I became his bride. He INSISTED that I have one in my purse (One was already in my car.) and that is when I started to do this even if I was not a 'knife' lady at the time. Plus my fingers/hands were in good shape there.

My MT husband said that he and other kids carried small knives in their pockets while IN school and outside of school. Supposedly it was not allowed (Sometime in the 60's?) but kids still carried them. I asked him if he got into trouble or was scared for 'breaking some school law' and he said that NO one was concerned about this in the 50's or 60's. He told me to tell you that HIS teacher asked to borrow his knife often while he was in school too! LOL

My older brother and all of his buddies carried small pocket knives in school and it was ALLOWED way back when according to him. He is 80 years old now. Plus he was a Boy Scout, etc.

My husband's late Dad was a school teacher and taught at several schools here in this town (He went between some schools due to a shortage.) and on the Indian Reservation for several years over on the Hi-Line, MT (High Line as I say it.) and HE always carried a small knife while he taught school.

Some of the really OLD and late 'great Aunts' of my late husband were in education too. Long before it was popular for many females in specific jobs with higher positions, in medicine, and so forth. Those OLD ladies including one that I knew well who died in the 70's in her middle 90's carried pocket knives. The one old, 'great Uncle' of his who was a blacksmith and farmer carried two of them!

My late Dad was a KNIFE man too!

How things change in this world, eh? LOL

Take care!

Cate

Last Edited:
Can you wear a small multi tool or task set made by SAK or Leatherman on your leather belt and slide it further back from the front of your body in your school while your work?
I could...but I lately have been carrying my new case....before that it was usually my old Boy Scout pocket knife...the one with the main blade , can opener , bottle opener and Awl....

My husband's late Dad was a school teacher and taught at several schools here in this town (He went between some schools due to a shortage.) and on the Indian Reservation for several years over on the Hi-Line, MT (High Line as I say it.) and HE always carried a small knife while he taught school.
I used to substitute at a school on a Indian Reservation....was not a problem to bring in fur trade items like :
tomahawks , knives , bows / arrows ....even flintlock rifles .....
We used to teach a Native Tech class with those...Did a few physic lessons with bow and arrows that the students made...

Again all the best to you.
Andy

Swiss Army with scissors & tooth pick
I've got a small version of the Swiss Army knife I came across many years ago. It resides on my truck key ring. Probably found it on the ground somewhere. 1 1/2" blade, scissors, nail pick/file, tooth pick AND tweezers. Those tweezers have come in very handy over the years for those little, tiny, barely visible slivers, or a metal filings, you get in your hands.

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top