JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I've been EDCing a CRKT minimalist on a neck sheath and have actually found it to be both handy and comfortable.

does anyone else carry in this style? I like it cause it's outside my rain gear and coats and easy to get at with one hand....for obvious reasons you have to be pretty careful about sheathing it haha

1D1AC812-D8EB-4551-85B9-E8D932D1F1D6.jpeg 0CED8A46-FD87-4D16-8135-D35D54E38AD2.jpeg

If I go in this direction and I haven't been able to get there yet, since I haven't been able to get past wearing sharp objects near my throat, I'm going for a Murray Carter Neck knife. I've drooled over them for years. I bought my wife one of the apprentice's apprentice test kitchen knives and it's the best knife either of us has ever used. And I've got a very high quality assortment of Shun, Benchmade's first efforts at kitchen knives and several hand forged in Japan offerings doing time in my kitchen.

Edit. Was able to show some examples.

1602644659678.jpeg

Last Edited:
I rarely do (carry a neck knife), but if/when I do, this is my favorite:

View attachment 762208
Cold Steel Fish and Bird
Light and skinny, but fits my hand well and has a blade that is a useful length.
Love mine too after I got used to it and hung it over one shoulder and around the neck so it didn't hang down too far. It is really a great way to carry a knife.

1602643569840.png

I tried it for a bit and found that I like a belt knife infinitely better. It was more in the way for me than anything. I constantly was slinging it over a shoulder, only to have it fall back into whatever I was working on.

Love mine too after I got used to it and hung it over one shoulder and around the neck so it didn't hang down too far. It is really a great way to carry a knife.

View attachment 762380

I am more likely to attach this to some other knife scabbard or a rifle or something. I like having a lot of different knives handy, although I usually on carry one on my person. I never really got used to carrying one hung around my neck.

I bought a nice karambit neck knife for my daughter since babes don't always use a belt. But I never did like anything around my neck, so I still prefer a belt knife or a clip knife. I use a lot of different knives when camping or hunting, but for EDC I use either a clip knife or a horizontal sheathed belt knife.

s-l500.jpg
s-l1600.jpg
s-l1600.jpg

It's just a cheapie off Ebay, but it works for my carry!! Bought one for my SIL too.

I bought a nice karambit neck knife for my daughter since babes don't always use a belt. But I never did like anything around my neck, so I still prefer a belt knife or a clip knife. I use a lot of different knives when camping or hunting, but for EDC I use either a clip knife or a horizontal sheathed belt knife.

View attachment 762599
View attachment 762600
View attachment 762601

It's just a cheapie off Ebay, but it works for my carry!! Bought one for my SIL too.
Dang you! I am trying to clean house of knives and now here ya go, posting up something else I think I might want!:mad:

I actually like the looks of that and the way it is carried. Small of back would work well for me.:D

Small of back would work well for me

That might be a problem with carrying that particular knife.... it is held in place by the finger hole and to release it from the kydex sheath requires a finger push. It's nice that it doesn't fall out by itself and has some retention against somebody grabbing it.

I'm sure there are other choices that could be carried small of back tho!

Well, left side around the 10 o'clock would work too. Just can't have anything on my right side as that's strong side carry.:D

Left side would work. But look at the top pic carefully... unless one is doing appendix carry these are made to be carried in front, just to the right of the zipper line. I carry (my SR9c) at 3-4 o'clock so it really doesn't bother my strong side carry. And I have my POM clipped into the (right) front pocket. I'm so right handed!

Last Edited:
I normally wear a vest, so the knife is held in place on my left side around the neck and over my left shoulder. It also makes it relatively concealed, but easy to get too. I have so many different styles of knives that I carry that I don't carry this often except for working around the yard. I have a habit of losing clip knives. The clip gets hung up on something while I am not paying attention and flips off. I eventually find them again, but spend way ttoo much time looking for them. The neck knife is just a different way to carry when I don't carry a belt knife.

Last Edited:
I was carrying a CRKT Minimalist around my neck for awhile. I stopped, but l don't remember exactly why.

I picked the Minimalist over a push dagger because of OR's nonsense prohibition against concealed double-edged knives. It's a good little knife as a last ditch weapon... a folder or belt carry blade is more practical for regular, daily use.

I carry multiple knives & tools, but the small neck knife under my shirt is very handy when seated. I carry an Ed Caffrey EBK1 (early one, before he went to Wharncliffe blade on the EBK) in a Kydex sheath on a leather bootlace thong. It holds the knife fine, but if it gets caught on something the leather will break before it hangs me. A neck knife is very handy.

I normally wear a vest, so the knife is held in place on my left side around the neck and over my left shoulder. It also makes it relatively concealed, but easy to get too. I have so many different styles of knives that I carry that I don't carry this often except for working around the yard. I have a habit of losing clip knives. The clip gets hung up on something while I am not paying attention and flips off. I eventually find them again, but spend way ttoo much time looking for them. The neck knife is just a different way to carry when I don't carry a belt knife.

I lost my Gerber full size clip knife. Couldn't find it for years. One day I was going thru a box of hunting paraphenalia (sp), and there it was! Oh baby, you came home!!!!! :)

picked the Minimalist over a push dagger because of OR's nonsense prohibition against concealed double-edged knives. It's a good little knife as a last ditch weapon.
I was actually about to pull the trigger on a push dagger then looked up the laws for knife carry. Saw that stupid law also and decided on the above.:rolleyes:

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top