JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Im curious what the Aimpoint is for when you have a scope...?

The concept is with a scope dial up in power and the need to take out an immediate up close threat arises, a quick glance above the magnified optic offers a second sighting systems at 1x. Other choose offset iron, just a different way to skin a cat.

My thought here is I would only go with one sight system, whichever one you prefer. The more you add the more you have to figure out, under stress, which one do you use in one situation over another? Too complicated for me.

Im also curious how well the Aimpoint will work under stress at close distances without a good cheekweld? its pretty high up there and above the bore axis...

I had an Trijicon RMR on top my Kahles K16i via a Geissele mount and Reptilia ROF-90, it worked great and cheekweld is vastly over rated when it come to quick and dirty shooting. As far a how high it is, it's not an issue, just know your offset and how to deal with it.

That said, I've moved away from an optic backing up an optic on my go-to carbine because I had a few instances where my gun has been subjected to the very cold and upon entering a warm room the Aimpoint, RMR, LPVO, you name it would instantly fog over due the drastic temperature variation. My Kahles now sits in a Scalarworks 1.93" mount with a Griffin Fail Safe offset sights for back up.

Big time truth bombs. I have years worth of Surefire lights, last year I made a point to up my illumination game and bought a SF DF, a Modlite OKW and a Cloud Defensive OWL. The Surefires, including the DF, are sucking hind tit.

And yeah, 30 bucks on a WML. :s0001: Talk about putting a low price tag on your tail.

How do you feel about the OWL. Its at the top of my list due to being able to swap it to different guns quickly, rather than Fing around with rape switches and cable ties.

Just wondering how it will work with a suppressor/suppresor shadow.

How do you feel about the OWL. Its at the top of my list due to being able to swap it to different guns quickly, rather than Fing around with rape switches and cable ties.

Just wondering how it will work with a suppressor/suppresor shadow.

It is a great light, completely reversible, the head and tail cap work on either end, having the light switch integral is really nice (no cables to mess with), it also has cool built-in momentary/constant on option. The beam quality and throw is phenomenal, way better than anything Surefire puts outs and is on par with Modlite OKW with a different, some say superior, tint.

The down side is, is a big fat heavy pig compared to other options.

Give me a buzz before you buy, see for yourself SF DF vs Modlite OKW vs OWL. I need to order a new battery for the DF or use 123's.

I suggest a broken-in (not broken!) and tested Hi-Point. Functions and will do for closer-in self defense. Reason? If you use the weapon in a shoot, no matter how righteous, how justified, the popo will take your piece and keep it, and you will have the devil's own time getting it back. Seems like this is "just the way it goes".:s0117:

That's an asinine argument to rely on a POS for self defense. I know several people that pack guns they've taken people out with. But let's assume for a minute I don't get my gun back, if I'm still breathing it already paid for itself.

Okay, what do you have at your house that would generate a coordinated infiltration by a platoon of armed men, and why have you let such information out?

Or have you been watching too much Van Damage movies?

P
Maybe just mistaken identity?

My neighborhood is 2000 to 4000 sf homes on acreage. My neighbors are not poor.

What did these folks have?

Isn't having two school age daughters enough?

And where does the 2A mention "need"?

It is a great light, completely reversible, the head and tail cap work on either end, having the light switch integral is really nice (no cables to mess with), it also has cool built-in momentary/constant on option. The beam quality and throw is phenomenal, way better than anything Surefire puts outs and is on par with Modlite OKW with a different, some say superior, tint.

The down side is, is a big fat heavy pig compared to other options.

Give me a buzz before you buy, see for yourself SF DF vs Modlite OKW vs OWL. I need to order a new battery for the DF or use 123's.

Will do!

Biggest concern with it is the weight, but is it really that much more when you consider the mount + tape switch +tape switch mount?

I suggest a broken-in (not broken!) and tested Hi-Point. Functions and will do for closer-in self defense. Reason? If you use the weapon in a shoot, no matter how righteous, how justified, the popo will take your piece and keep it, and you will have the devil's own time getting it back. Seems like this is "just the way it goes".:s0117:

1) If you used it to save your life you got your money's worth regardless of how much you paid for it.
2) Don't carry a gun you love - no cherished family heirlooms that would cause you real grief to lose.
3) Most guns aren't worth the $ you would have to pay a lawyer to get it back.
4) I realize that when the subject of Hi-Points comes up the only people who stick up for them are owners. None the less I would choose something else.
5) If (God forbid) I ever have to shoot somebody the value of the piece is my last consideration. There would be a lot of other things occupying my mind that would be lot more important what I paid for the gun.

Zigzag
In my neighborhood people have large fields towards the roads, closest neighbor has a security light that pans automatically 180 degrees. It lights up about 4-6 acres in the sweep.Their house is about 500 yrds away. In a new moon you could identify a prowler 'out there'. Hayfields... Just don't shoot the horses.

I have sure fire or streamlight lights on my rifles and shotguns having said that the only time the light is used is when I have a rough idea where the entity ( animal, human or nothing ) is. I intentionally do not use my light to walk around at night, the more you use that light the more the entity knows where you are at and in some cases may make you a target, don't give your position away.

I have sure fire or streamlight lights on my rifles and shotguns having said that the only time the light is used is when I have a rough idea where the entity ( animal, human or nothing ) is. I intentionally do not use my light to walk around at night, the more you use that light the more the entity knows where you are at and in some cases may make you a target, don't give your position away.

Once You turn your light on you make yourself a target. I practice going through my home with.lights off at night. It looks different at night.

Proper use of weapons lights on ARs - AR15.COM

Bump. Weighed them yet?

OWL: 10.9oz

Surefire DF w/
Arisaka Offset Scout Mount
Cloud Defensive M-lok LCS
Surefire DS07
18650 battery
8.60oz

Surefire DF w/
Surefire DS07
123 batteries
8.15oz

Surefire DF w/
Surefire ST07
18650 battery
7.65oz

Surefire DF w/
Surefire ST07
123 batteries
7.20oz

Last Edited:
OWL: 10.9oz

Surefire DF w/
Surefire DS07
18650 battery
8.60oz

Surefire DF w/
Surefire DS07
123 batteries
8.15oz

Surefire DF w/
Surefire ST07
18650 battery
7.65oz

Surefire DF w/
Surefire ST07
123 batteries
7.20oz

2oz is not THAT much of a penalty for the throw and durability. But I am sure hanging out at the end of the gun you might notice it.

Thanks for the info!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads