JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Happen twice here in Whatcom County, at the County run range.

Again, must be a North west Thing. <------My new saying. Anyways, you can't actually stop a person wanting to commit suicide. Worked with a couple HBT teams and the FBI and like they say, if they are going to do it, they don't tell anyone and the signs are not as transparent as you would think.
I got the awesome task to talk down one of the female sailors one time when I worked at Yorktown Naval Weapons Station. She kept yelling and yelling, so I unlocked her from the chair she was handcuffs too, took a M9 in, with a yellow pages phone book, told her i was going to walk out, and she could finish the job. She started crying and it was over. I got in a little trouble at first, but ended up owning a NAM out of it. So there, if your going to bless this earth by altering your existance, please do it and don't talk about it. We don't need another lame soul feeding off the govenments breast

Again, must be a North west Thing. <------My new saying. Anyways, you can't actually stop a person wanting to commit suicide. Worked with a couple HBT teams and the FBI and like they say, if they are going to do it, they don't tell anyone and the signs are not as transparent as you would think.
I got the awesome task to talk down one of the female sailors one time when I worked at Yorktown Naval Weapons Station. She kept yelling and yelling, so I unlocked her from the chair she was handcuffs too, took a M9 in, with a yellow pages phone book, told her i was going to walk out, and she could finish the job. She started crying and it was over. I got in a little trouble at first, but ended up owning a NAM out of it. So there, if your going to bless this earth by altering your existance, please do it and don't talk about it. We don't need another lame soul feeding off the govenments breast

Their goal isn't to STOP someone from committing suicide, they just don't want them to do it at their range. Someone who has a gun is not (usually) going to go to a range and rent a gun to shoot themselves, they'll just do it with their own gun.

Someone who DOESN'T have a gun might indeed go to a range to rent a gun so they can shoot themselves in the face. THAT is why they will only rent to you if you already have a gun.

Like I said too, ranges in California have similar policies, many because people without guns actually did walk in and rented a gun to commit suicide with.

Its all relative people. To you a $100 might be a lot of money. To others nothing more than pocket change. You start adding gas to drive to the woods and it starts to add up, at least in my truck. At 11 MPG If I have a 100mile round trip it cost me about $35 at $3.69 a gallon.

Also some dont enjoy going to the woods to shoot and I can say ive ran into some very strange situations while shooting in the woods. Anyways if people are shooting in the range that just means more room for you to shoot in the woods.

I would also imagine insurance isnt cheap for a place like that and add on a few emplyees and it cost quite a bit just to open the doors.

I suggest that whoever thinks they can set it up and make it affordable then go for it because you would be really busy if you can make it cheap to shoot indoors.

See what I have done here, I have made it so one of you can start a business and get rich.

Its all relative people. To you a $100 might be a lot of money. To others nothing more than pocket change. You start adding gas to drive to the woods and it starts to add up, at least in my truck. At 11 MPG If I have a 100mile round trip it cost me about $35 at $3.69 a gallon.

Also some dont enjoy going to the woods to shoot and I can say ive ran into some very strange situations while shooting in the woods. Anyways if people are shooting in the range that just means more room for you to shoot in the woods.

I would also imagine insurance isnt cheap for a place like that and add on a few emplyees and it cost quite a bit just to open the doors.

I suggest that whoever thinks they can set it up and make it affordable then go for it because you would be really busy if you can make it cheap to shoot indoors.

See what I have done here, I have made it so one of you can start a business and get rich.

I feel ya, I just don't understand why shooting on the Left Coast is so expensive. In Virginia Beach, there were 4 indoor ranges, all cal's except .50BMG. 6 dollars for lane rental and no time limit, and that was the steeper ones. North Carolina same way but that is an entirely different beast. Like I said, it must be a Northwest thing.
The biggest and best range was attached to A & P Arms Gun Shop. They would rent you any and every gun they sold, kinda like a test drive. It was awesome because I actually was hyped about buying some things and it was an easy way to figure out that the platformed sucked, that is why i don't buy Rugers!
It was a great selling point for them and it was nice to go in and pay 5 bucks for renting a gun that I never shot before.

I think that would be great. I would gladly pay five bucks to shoot guns ive never shot. I guess we just dont know any different.

I know at my shop my lease is $5300.00 a month and its not big enough to shoot in. I imagine the prices of the leases are the start of the problem here. Add to that a minuim wage person cost me about 30K at least per year here in Oregon and it just goes on and on. I am guessing that place already had the space and the employees so why not add that in. They are making money on guns ammo and accessories so they are not trying to recoupe all the other costs just from the shooting lanes.

Trust me I am not arguing with you. Just trying to figure out why it might be so different. I would love a reasonable priced lane to take my wife and kids too.

I think that would be great. I would gladly pay five bucks to shoot guns ive never shot. I guess we just dont know any different.

I know at my shop my lease is $5300.00 a month and its not big enough to shoot in. I imagine the prices of the leases are the start of the problem here. Add to that a minuim wage person cost me about 30K at least per year here in Oregon and it just goes on and on. I am guessing that place already had the space and the employees so why not add that in. They are making money on guns ammo and accessories so they are not trying to recoupe all the other costs just from the shooting lanes.

Trust me I am not arguing with you. Just trying to figure out why it might be so different. I would love a reasonable priced lane to take my wife and kids too.

No, I understand, I think one of the reasons is there is a lot more smaller guys who sell out of there homes or at gun shows here. In the Norfolk/Virginia Beach area, A&P, Bobs, and Tidewater Shooters are the big ones. Bobs is 10 bucks for all day and rental is 5 bucks, i have included the website to bobs for proof of the pudding. I think another big point is, to make money, you have to spend money. Get the place, get the lanes, upfront the loss, build it to the end. Affordable people will come, make it where the average person cant shoot, loose your butt.
http://www.bobsgunshop.com/list.php?cid=310&esi=7760479c5dd425f011600d0881690719

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top