JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Two stories i'll share ( there are others) This was with a gun. Not mine.
Perhaps this will be helpful to those understanding the results.
Back story, I was a professional driver. And I know how to drive very well.

I was driving home a very long time ago San Francisco to Contra Costa. I was going to take a different route and turn off the wrong exit.
Took me to the west side of Oakland. And no on ramp, to get the way I wanted. So I decided to drive about 2 miles where I knew the 80
could connect and take me. It was about 2am no one on the road. I was driving and there were a group of ppl in the distance. There was no cars. But the light for me just turned red. I saw one in the group as I was about half a block. Lean the edge of the curb, I slowed way down to keep distance. ( I figure they had pushed the cross walk button to get me to stop. At this point I am doing about 20mph and maybe 70ft away.
Then they all move to the street. I cant hit them, and I was driving a small car. So instead of trying to drive around. As I now saw the gun from the first guy raise up I aimed right to and floored it at him. He parted as it scared him bad, and I zipped between two of them. Within inches. I didn't go straight I turned to the parallel on the next street right across the intersection so I was out of line of fire. And ran every light from there maybe doing 50 until I got outta there.

Second also car related.
Was driving to meet wife for lunch. The road was clear it was like 11:30 am no one really on the road.
I am in the middle lane, just minding my own business. Guy pulled along side my 9oclock and was yelling something at me.
And was pissed off.
I noticed cause I saw him flying down the road in my rear view. And he stopped right beside me. And pulled a pistol and motioned to pull over. ( no I did not cut anyone off from my house I saw really no body until him.
He was in a older Camaro. I was driving a small truck 4 banger. He was off his meds? I had no idea. I knew I could not run for it.
In short I went to pull over. ( wasn't going to of course ) So he back off and tried to get behind me as I moved over to the right.
This allowed me to get a small push, I floored it as he was just pulling be hind me in the slow lane.
And once I saw him in my side mirror with maybe now 50 feet. I near came to a dead stopped in the slow lane.
No one was around, no one near us.
He had just accelerated because I did, and now he was doing panic stop. He ended up nearly flipping the car.
It must have stalled it. I look back and he was facing across two lanes. I knew the area well and went as fast as the truck could go to the next exit. I could see him way back as I existed. I drove through all the side streets and never saw him again.
Lesson was. I do not stop.

Other then that, I have healed several times over threats by others of bodily harm.
Funny how simply resting your palm, calm someone bubblegum down.
So far lucky never had to pull it in defense.
New here, so sharing some stories.

As is commonly seen in the comments regarding public shootings/mass shootings, there are always the "this is what I would do" or "what would you do". No issue with that at all, but let's do something different.

Instead... I'd like this not to be a "I think I'd do this" thread, but rather a "I've done/experienced this" thread.

I'm positive there are some level 10 bada** mofo's running around in here who would do and have done what was needed in any given situation in accordancewith what they say. I'm also positive there are some beta male 🐓 grabbers who quite literally would 💩 their pants, despite what they say, in any given dangerous threat situation.

That said, lets hear the stories of actual violent and/or dangerous threats you've encountered.

How did you react to said situation? Did you react as you thought you would? Did you react out of your normal character? Etc, etc...

I'll share my story in the comments.
I've never actually been in a life or death situation, but I HAVE brought a firearm into a couple of questionable situations:

One late evening, I noticed a group of people removing the appliances from an empty house, next to mine. I placed my .38 revolver in my waistband, behind my back, and confronted the group (what I really should have done was just called 911). It turned out that they were just friends of the former occupant, who were requested to do this job for her, though I still reported the suspicious activity to the home's realtor, the following morning.

On another evening, a female neighbor came to our house, after a loud fight with her boyfriend, and asked to stay with us. We took her in but, concerned that the boyfriend might come after her, I again armed myself with a concealed handgun. This time, however, I DID call 911 and put the gun away just before the officers arrived. I'm extremely glad the situation did not escalate, as the woman, after discussing the issue with the officers, decided to return home on her own.

Then, there was the time, though it didn't necessitate arming myself, where I and a coworker offered assistance to a state trooper who was wrestling with a man, alongside the highway.

At my age, I no longer go "looking" for trouble, but if trouble comes to me...I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of what to do.

I've never actually been in a life or death situation, but I HAVE brought a firearm into a couple of questionable situations:

One late evening, I noticed a group of people removing the appliances from an empty house, next to mine. I placed my .38 revolver in my waistband, behind my back, and confronted the group (what I really should have done was just called 911). It turned out that they were just friends of the former occupant, who were requested to do this job for her, though I still reported the suspicious activity to the home's realtor, the following morning.

On another evening, a female neighbor came to our house, after a loud fight with her boyfriend, and asked to stay with us. We took her in but, concerned that the boyfriend might come after her, I again armed myself with a concealed handgun. This time, however, I DID call 911 and put the gun away just before the officers arrived. I'm extremely glad the situation did not escalate, as the woman, after discussing the issue with the officers, decided to return home on her own.

Then, there was the time, though it didn't necessitate arming myself, where I and a coworker offered assistance to a state trooper who was wrestling with a man, alongside the highway.

At my age, I no longer go "looking" for trouble, but if trouble comes to me...I'm pretty sure I have a good idea of what to do.
Good on you! Plus good on you to recognize how EXTREMELY volatile domestic type situations CAN become.

I've read that it's not uncommon when intervening in a domestic that the perceived victim MAY become an assailant against those intervening...

I'm not saying don't intervene. Just use extra caution & judgement is all.

Good on you! Plus good on you to recognize how EXTREMELY volatile domestic type situations CAN become.

I've read that it's not uncommon when intervening in a domestic that the perceived victim MAY become an assailant against those intervening...

I'm not saying don't intervene. Just use extra caution & judgement is all.
Worse yet, they'll make false accusations against the people helping them. I've intervened just by using the "command voice" and gotten the aggressor to calm a little, but I don't see myself interfering physically in a domestic issue. If it's someone I know, sure, but otherwise I think no.

Worse yet, they'll make false accusations against the people helping them. I've intervened just by using the "command voice" and gotten the aggressor to calm a little, but I don't see myself interfering physically in a domestic issue. If it's someone I know, sure, but otherwise I think no.
When I was a kid I saw an unarmed (or if he was armed did not draw) off-duty cop (town police chief) yell at a huge guy suspected of shoplifting that had just bowled over a security guard at a store: "Police, get on the ground or I'll shoot!" He actually pointed a finger gun at the guy like he was armed. The guy immediately got on the ground and the cop subdued him. Absolutely hilarious.

Edit: just remembered that the suspect had a jacket full of women's bras and underwear crammed in his leather vest. I don't have a great memory of things as a young kid (probably 7-9), but this one was so odd and funny it is burned into the ol' memory bank.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads