Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Holy crapola Threat Dynamics

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by tacticalgunner, Mar 10, 2013.

1. tacticalgunner

tacticalgunner Wilsonville The Man, The Myth, The Legend Bronze Supporter

Have you guys seen the range cost the are asking! Can't rent a gun unless you have one? If you don't they are going to bend you over for their "instruction". The 5.00 added fee to bring your own ammo is awesome idea.
    Live Fire Range (NOW OPEN)

2. deen_ad

deen_ad Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

Having you own gun to rent one comes from (I think) someone coming to the range and committing suicide with one of their rented guns.

3. Ralgha

Ralgha Portland Well-Known Member 2016 Volunteer

The rental thing is because they're afraid of people committing suicide, they figure that if you have your own gun you wouldn't bother to rent one to shoot yourself.

Those range fees are absolutely ridiculous when you get the 50% discount. Full price, well...everyone knows you never go full retard. They went full retard.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus that ate your iPhone.

4. tacticalgunner

Never heard of such crap with the suicide thing.guess that's a northwest thing.

5. Ralgha

The ranges I went to in California had the same policy. Except for the instructor part, that's just silly.

6. samuelm16

samuelm16 se pdx Well-Known Member

Its east to trick an intel employee thats afraid to drive his saab on gravel to pay those prices

7. dmancornell

dmancornell Portland, OR New Member

I drifted my bimmer in TCGC action range. True story.

8. Hrethgir

Hrethgir Beaverton, OR Active Member

Beavercreek Armory is just down the road, but not much cheaper, $25 for the lane, and gotta use their ammo and targets. But I don't think they have a time limit on the lane, at least. Guess when there's not much competition for indoor lanes in an area, you can't expect a great deal.

9. tacticalgunner

Supply and demand I guess. Tri county come out at about 14.22 per month. I get my money's worth

10. pinne65

pinne65 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

I agree those prices seem a bit steep. But I also want to point out that if the SAAB doesn't go on the gravel it's not the fault of the car:
    gravelsaab.jpg

gravelsaab.jpg

11. davef

davef S.E. pdx Active Member

Their prices seem right in line with most places in portland. Look how much "a place to shoot" and PSTC charge. I gotta say this place looks awesome. Have you seen all the training you can go thru? their simulators look state of the art and theres tons of different options. Check out their introduction video. It seems like education and training are their first priority. Its not a place i can afford to go to every week but to get some real world training in the simulators... heck yea!!

nwwoodsman and (deleted member) like this.
  12. tacticalgunner

I've been there when they were in Hillsboro for a company function. Wish I was more impressed with their instruction, and maybe it's because I expected more. With my LE, military, and contractor training, I seemed to think it was a bit lacking fundamentals and weapons safety. I went in there the other day and the staff is kinda tool baggish. Big chip on shoulder. I have heard that some army guys have walked out on their trainings during
    Introductions because they over inflate their infantry jobs but that is just what I have heard.

13. udoggie

udoggie Washington Co, Or. Member

They've got to be on drugs, or are marketing to people who don't know any better.

So, for me to go there and get a range for 60 minutes ($30), renting a gun (~$10), paying them extra to watch me ($40 - not optional) would be $80 + the cost for ammo? Seriously?

I'll never be there, that's for sure.

UD

14. tacticalgunner

Yeah we'll I hear they are racking it up

15. mattdomes

mattdomes Newberg Active Member

How long of a range is it? 10yards, 50 yards, and how many lanes?

16. tacticalgunner

I read 15 now and 25 to come soon.

17. gastronome

gastronome Aloha Active Member 2015 Volunteer

This is the full service, which probably isn't too bad of a deal for someone new to firearms. Heck, I was a member at TPTS years ago and each trip was easily near $100 by the time you purchased their ammo and targets. I recently priced Beavercreek and that was my estimate too.

Maybe there are better options out there (I normally go to the state forest, which is weather dependent so I'm always considering winter options), but if you signed up for a membership, went ten times a a year, brought your own firearms/ammo and a friend each time (one shoots, the other reloads to maximize time), that is $30+targets per trip if you stay an hour. Also a guest is anyone 12 years or older and you can shoot rifles up to .308. I think most other public ranges are pistol caliber only.

The membership also offer 25% off simulation services, which I've enjoyed a couple times and is advertised as ~1/3 the cost of live ammo. I haven't been there is several years and only to the Hillsboro location but I did enjoy the experience. The staff was easy going and personable. The simulations offered a chance perform range fire, act in a law enforcement capacity, and in personal defense scenarios.

18. Ralgha

What places are you looking at? PSTC is $16 for a lane, no time limit. This place is $20 for the first 30 minutes, $30 for the next 30, and $1 PER MINUTE after that! Are you freaking kidding me? I I wouldn't pay that if it were the only place in town.

19. Oklahomie

Oklahomie Marysville Active Member

And I thought Norpoint's $25 range fee and $1 targets were exspensive.

20. Blue Devil PA

Blue Devil PA Boise Active Member

$100 dollars for a single trip to the range, even $25 dollars is crazy! Not to disrespect, but for the $100 there better be Carlos Hathcock acting as my spotter/coach, free ammo and barbeque buffet at the end. Does anyone actually go to places like that AND pay the full price?