JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am a major Glock fan, in case you can't tell from my post, but I have owned and seen Glocks that didn't always go bang. Period.

I've never experienced a Glock jam that was not operator error or ammo related

It can and does happen of course, just not very often will you see it if you do everything right

as titsonritz and oregonty has mentioned already, that has to be the dumbest thing I have read on here in awhile. LOL

you own a Glock? NO ROUND IN THE CHAMBER FOR YOU!

What about a Ruger SR9? I've fired one, along with a number of other 9mm's, and came away impressed with it. I can't comment on it's reliability.

I didn't see whether you're looking for something to carry or a range gun. Sorry if I missed it.

Shopping for the right pistol is a nice problem to have. :)

Only reason I don't like GLOCK's are It's very uncomfortable to hold with my small hands.

Does not matter if gun A is better made and expensive or popular than gun B, if it doesn't fit on your hands it's not worth it.

HK P30/L was most comfortable grip I never held.

So try to hold them in person before you decide what to get based on Internet research. ( It does help get some information about them. But, they are not you)

Good luck!!

Had a HK USP 40 it did not fit my grip right, never tried a Glock currently have a XD-45 Compact
and have never had a issue. I personally like the XD and the way it feels in my hand .

I'll have to chime in here too. I am definitely not a fan of plastic guns, but, that being said, I have fired all 3 of the guns in question, and was actually quite impressed with the XD45 (tactical). put about a hundred rounds through it, ball of course, never failed. Shot to point of aim at 40 feet. Traded into it and traded out of it, much to my regret.

Having owned all of these and still owning at least one of each I will give you my input

H&K guns are some of the most accurate and best built guns in production. I prefer the newer style like the P30 for the extended controls and dual buffer system. The older USP guns have really aggressive grip texture and the trigger are not as nice as the p2000 and p30’s

The glocks are functional and seem to work fine but then again I'm not a fanboy of any particualr design. They are priced right and have cheap cost of operation and holsters. Be careful when someone tells you that a gun "goes bang every time" as if they are telling you that other designs are inherently faulty

do yourself a favor and look up "limp wristing" on the ol' youtube. and try to remember that being in an akward defensive position can cause a less than ideal grip(not just being a noob) you might also want to know about the glock “pig nose” which when bad enough can cause a FTF.

I have a few XD’s and have had good luck with them I like the grip safety for it’s ability to keep you from shooting off your toe when trying to catch a dropped gun…. I know that you should just let it fall but trying to snag it in mid-air is human nature plus the grip safety allows the trigger pull to be significantly shorter than other striker fired pistols so much so that the XD’s were originally called a Single Action.

I love my XDm 45. As much or more so than my old HK USP 40. I still have love for the Glock 21 though, I like them all. Most accurate imo is the XDm. HK USP obviously made of the most quality and finish. Glock is plain but reliable and never given me grief. None of them have had any failures though... I prefer the XDm because it has been more accurate for me and never had a FTE, FTL or FTF

I owned a G19, a HK USP 40 & currently own 2 XDs- 9mm & 45. All are good relaible weapons. That being said, my preference is to the XDs- they fit better & I shoot well with them if I do my job. My big complaint w/ the HK was the mag release location rubbed my finger when in recoil- after a long day of shooting- became uncomfortable. For me the XD fit better than the G19. Springfield also has a great reputation for customer service- had to use them due to an error on my part- not the gun and was impressed. Something to consider.

So will tell you - go w/ what feels best for you, in the hand, in the wallet and in your own piece of mind.

I rule out the XD, they have issues.

I have put an error free 3k down the pipe of my XD9, and own a HK USP .40 and a Glock 27. I'm especially curious what issues you believe the Springers have, as I use it as a carry weapon. Let me know if you wouldn't mind. I would appreciate it.

I think the HK is the highest quality weapon of the lot, and the glock is likely the most boring weapon I've owned... and that's more than a few. Yes it goes bang, and I carry it IWB in the summer as it's easily concealable, but otherwise... meh. The grip on the HK has a strange feel, and seems nose heavy to me. HK aftermarket goodies are sold at a premium and quality holsters took months to get. I have a few.

All three are solid quality guns. IMHO. You need to try them and find the one that works best for you. My G19 is a great gun. However, it is collecting dust. My two current favorites that work for me are the HK45c and the HK P30s.

I can dig up 10+ articles on people unsatisfied with the Glock too. People claim all sorts of Glock failures and there is alot of people who think they are trash because of all the known issues like cracking frames etc etc. I think they are great guns from my experiences with them but You can find anything on the internet ;) Some individual guns are just lemons probably due to out of spec parts, bad batch of mfgd parts or something along those lines

If they are such pos guns then why did it survive the 20,000 round torture test without one failure? They froze it into an ice block, put sand, mud, and everything else in it...shoots wet, ran it over with a truck, did everything a glock did in their torture test but did it for about 17K+ more rounds!

and lastly the HS2000 and latest model XDm are not the same gun. I know the history of the HS2000 and how it was marketed in US as the XD but the XDm has many advancements including a redesigned slide and frame design along with trigger, barrel and what else? They aren't the same gun... Same design maybe but so is a run of the mill 1911 vs a les baer match 1911 which do not shoot the same. XDm is proven...

<broken link removed>

serious glock problems investigated

more glock problems...

my G21 keeps failing!

Glock frame cracked

cracked glock frame...

another cracked Glock

*just do a keyword search in google (your favorite gun)+problem or fail and you will find dirt on about every gun ever mfgd

...I'm not dissing Glock or HK though. I just think my XDm is more accurate...thats all. I also think the recoil is smoother too. Just so you know I'm not bs'n about shooting all of them...

0313110827.jpg
pistols.jpg

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews