JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I am considering buying a Springfield XD 9 pistol. Will an XD 40 slide assembly fit and function on the XD 9 frame?
I like my xd 9 subcompact. I know they get a lot of hate but it's been a good little pistol. I prefer it with the extended 16rd mags vs the 13rd stock mags.

I am considering buying a Springfield XD 9 pistol. Will an XD 40 slide assembly fit and function on the XD 9 frame?
Shouldn't you get the XD40 and use a 9mm slide? Actually, people used to talk about just swapping the barrel in that case. I've had them both but not at the same time.

Shouldn't you get the XD40 and use a 9mm slide? Actually, people used to talk about just swapping the barrel in that case. I've had them both but not at the same time.
Normally I would buy the 40 version first and then get a conversion or even a factory barrel, to use 9mm. In this case, I found an XD9 I think I can get for cheap, in a package deal and ebay has some XD 40 slide kits that are reasonably priced. They also have some 9mm slide kits so I may just keep an eye out for a good deal on an XD 40.

Occasionally some makers use different frames for their 9mm and 40 pistols. S&W Sigmas come to mind. I was trying to determine if the Springfield line of XD pistols used the same frame for both. It looks like they do.

Last Edited:
Now I found an XD9, an XD40 and an XD45 for cheap. If I buy all three I won't have to worry about swapping slides.

Edit: The good deals on xd pistols I thought I found were a scam.
Repeat this site is a scam site. ...springfieldfirearmstore...

I am back to looking at the local used XD40. I found a 9mm conversion barrel that is priced around $125 that is made to work in the xd40 slide.

Last Edited:
I know it's a little late to the party, but xd9 and xd40 slides are not shaped the same. The xd9 has a more angled slide than the xd40, same with the xd45 which is more box shaped.

I believe that is the case for the Mod2 but my original XD9SC is as square as a glonk.
I've got a xd9, xd10 and xd45, none are mod2s and they all have different shaped slides, I do wish they were the same as finding a better holster would be a lot easier. I don't know about the compacts as all of mine are standard or full-size.

I've got a xd9, xd10 and xd45, none are mod2s and they all have different shaped slides, I do wish they were the same as finding a better holster would be a lot easier. I don't know about the compacts as all of mine are standard or full-size.
Roger that, my OG sub compact is chunky and I would think it would clear a 40 siz. My friend has a XD40 4", I'll have to try his slide on my frame when I get back from Nevada.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top