JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
OMG! He has a 30 round "clip"!! Call the National Guard! ;)

muhahahah

0324091627.jpg

"This is bound to tick off a few XD owners, but here goes, don't shoot the messenger. The XD started life as a cheap $250 Croatian pistol, the HS2000, Springfield comes along puts their name on it and all of a sudden it's a $550 pistol."

the glock started out as a pretty cheap austrian pistol, still not a fan, but, so what?
(The original contract info is out there somewhere, I have looked but can't find it. I have heard than Gaston Glock delivered them for less than $100, if anyone can dig it up let me know.)

I'm with RallySoob, titsonritz - somebody, somewhere has an axe to grind with anything/everything on the internet. ...and naaa I was just curious if you had owned one and had problems.

As far as Vickers - I've seen his quotes out there. Doesn't he dislike some of the Glocks too? He seems to carry an opinion or three... if he believes I'm a "bubba" I'm betting I'll sleep ok tonight. :s0112:

"I don't put much stock in how many PD's issue a particular gun. These decisions are usually made with MUCH input from buerecrats who would'nt know a barrel from a but stock and mainly focus on which gun is less likely to get the jurisdiction sued..."
-TackleBerry1

found that on another website, thought it was well said and relevent. Sort of contridicts my info below but I've read alot of articles where police officers that are allowed to carry what they want will choose a XD, XDM, M&P or Sig over the standard issue glock...do a google search.

There are agencies out there that issue the XD and I'm reading some are considering going to the XDm from the XD or Glock. There is a list of agencies out there but I haven't found it. I'm reading midwest agencies, missouri, michigan, chicago and several other agencies carry them. CT PD issues the XD 45. Oklahoma city PD switched to the XD 40 from G22...Beverly hills PD issues the XD45...US Dept of Agriculture standard issues XD's... just do a googles earch, you will find plenty of police officers choosing it over other brands when they have an option too as well. The M&P has a good track record too but I personally can't stand their 2 piece trigger, feels so nasty and gritty plus the ergonomics are only great because they sacrifice mag capacity. Side by side comparison proves the XDm is built better to me. Anyway, here is an article in policemagazine about how awesome the XDm is ;)

Springfield Armory XD(M) Duty Pistol - Article - POLICE Magazine

Back to the OP's original question... How much better is the HK than the Glock/XD. I say any of them can be considered "better" than the other...depends what you feel is 'best' as far as features go. I love the new finish, wonderfuly smooth match trigger, match barrel, ergonomics, reliability, accuracy and all the goodies that come with the XDm so its better to me. The Glock is probably the fastest for competition use because the bbl is so low in the frame and the opposite for the HK USP where the bbl sits up the highest. HK USP uses same material for their bbl's thats used on tanks. So strong it withstands stovepipes with no problems. All of them have been proven reliable. All of them will get the job done, especially for the average Joe

*I don't claim to know too much from experience, but I know how to use google search ;)

When I purchase a glock it will be a model 17 gen 4, I think glock does 9mm very well
IMO and my leo friend will be pleased with my purchase thats what he carries.
this site has allot of goods and bads just need to read between the lines

I own five in various forms of .40 caliber. A couple have drop in Lone Wolf barrels and even a conversion 9mm. My favorites are a off duty carry Model 27, and a new Generation 4, Model 22. The new one has a much better hand fit to short blocky hands like mine. None has ever failed to function. Magazines, and after market parts, and factory parts are mostly drop in and reasonable priced. As a previous 1911 A1 fan in the past, I have no experience in the other two brands. With the performance of the Glock, I haven't had a reason for a further search, and the Glocks will continue to be my go handgun for duty and personal carry.

Glocks are great guns in any caliber. My buddies gen2 G21 has been going strong with 0 problems for years. I don't think any caliber model is better than the other as far as reliability goes.

I'm with RallySoob, titsonritz - somebody, somewhere has an axe to grind with anything/everything on the internet. ...and naaa I was just curious if you had owned one and had problems.

As far as Vickers - I've seen his quotes out there. Doesn't he dislike some of the Glocks too? He seems to carry an opinion or three... if he believes I'm a "bubba" I'm betting I'll sleep ok tonight. :s0112:

Vickers was involved with designing the HK45, which is an incredible pistol. Also, Glocks are great, and so are XD's/XDm's. Just cause you like one over the other doesn't mean you have to bring the other down.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top