JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I've read people on this forum state that they won't buy a semi-auto rifle under I-1639 rules due to the HIPAA questionnaire.

A few days ago, I got the notice in the mail from the DOL reminding me to renew my CPL. In going through the online renewal applications, this statement shows up:

cpl.PNG

Isn't the first paragraph in the above the same thing?

Oh, and the renewal fee wasn't $32 as stated on the form. Maybe the add-ons vary by county. But in my county, there was a $1.34 fee for credit card processing, and another $4.00 for convenience fee, whatever that is. Total, $37.34, not $32.

convenience fees fall into the same category as buyer's premiums to me. Unnecessary additional cost just because the seller can

If your WA friends want to buy a semi-auto but avoid the HIPPA check, have them head down to Money Market Pawn in OR. They are among the shrinking list of OR FFLs who will still sell or do transfers of semi-autos for WA residents. They will want to see a cert of taking required class but won't require any medical record checks and you will only be subject to whatever normal OSP wait time is at time of purchase.

Is this legit? The shop in Portland?

If your WA friends want to buy a semi-auto but avoid the HIPPA check, have them head down to Money Market Pawn in OR. They are among the shrinking list of OR FFLs who will still sell or do transfers of semi-autos for WA residents. They will want to see a cert of taking required class but won't require any medical record checks and you will only be subject to whatever normal OSP wait time is at time of purchase.

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews