JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
122D2A12-BBF1-41F4-91F7-25822ACEE862.jpeg
0CF4173E-13CE-4F50-B77A-1209A8FED29F.jpeg
:eek:

Well, we could go all day on this but, I've other things to ponder. They are not light red but, red. :s0155:

View attachment 1833092
FYI company in Redmond or makes great baseplates that add 6 or 12 rounds to the mag. Excellent quality.

If you want a 9mm in a single-action, why not check out a HiPower? Best design of it's type with a long and proven track record in war and peace.
+++1

Great pistol, ergonomics 50 years ahead of its time. Easy to tune up if you are a capable 1911 tinker.

Picked up one of the Israeli surplus FNs they dumped on the U.S. Market 10 years ago. Super deal

Stiple front n rear strap
Some VZ palm swells micartas
Mag drop safety delete
Cylinder & Slide hammer & sear
New safety fit or tig original and refit
New springs & SOME Ol Skool Heine Str8s

Contemplating a new barrel and pending machining for sights.

Thanks for reminding me I had one.

As mentioned twice in this thread I don't like the looks of the high power at all. I respect the gun and have nothing against it other than how it looks. I like guns based on the high power that don't look like that, Fe Jericho, cz 97, some tanfoglios.

As mentioned twice in this thread I don't like the looks of the high power at all. I respect the gun and have nothing against it other than how it looks. I like guns based on the high power that don't look like that, Fe Jericho, cz 97, some tanfoglios.
I'm with ya. The hi power just doesn't do it for me in the looks department, either.

As mentioned twice in this thread I don't like the looks of the high power at all.
Ashamed folks don't read the thread before posting! I had this conversation with a good friend the other day. The Hi-Power may be a reliable gun but, aesthetically it does nothing for me! Sometimes I like to just look at my firearms and enjoy their form and beauty. And then, get to function. 😁

Ashamed folks don't read the thread before posting! I had this conversation with a good friend the other day. The Hi-Power may be a reliable gun but, aesthetically it does nothing for me! Sometimes I like to just look at my firearms and enjoy their form and beauty. And then, get to function. 😁
I agree about aesthetics, either something is pleasing to the eye or it's not. We all have different requirements as to what trips that switch. Could be the classics, 1911; Colt Python, Colt SAA or Detective Special. Might be a Beretta 92, or a Sig 2xx series. Even a Smith J frame…

Owned a mid 80's Hi-Power, beautiful machine, didn't quite fit me as well as some other options. And stupidly booted it down the road at a bargain price…. That's a regret, considering what they fetch today…

As for 1911 recommendations RIA, Citadel or ATI are all cost effective and reasonable quality options.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews