JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey guys,

I would love some help on a non firearm forum, a BMW auto forum to be exact. I posted a thread asking about storage and carry options for a firearm in my X5, and it just dissolved into a huge gun control party. I'm not a debater by any means, and not the online argumentative type. I know some of the statistics but not all of the arguments, and I just don't have time to go back and forth with these guys.

If any of you like debating and do have the time, I'd love to see you guys post some counter responses to their arguments there. Thanks guys and mods feel free to remove if this violates any linking policies.

Any Weapon Box for E53? - Xoutpost.com

Hey guys,

I would love some help on a non firearm forum, a BMW auto forum to be exact. I posted a thread asking about storage and carry options for a firearm in my X5, and it just dissolved into a huge gun control party. I'm not a debater by any means, and not the online argumentative type. I know some of the statistics but not all of the arguments, and I just don't have time to go back and forth with these guys.

If any of you like debating and do have the time, I'd love to see you guys post some counter responses to their arguments there. Thanks guys and mods feel free to remove if this violates any linking policies.

After reading 5 pages I'd say there's no sense in trying to get people to change any opinions. It looks like there are only a couple or three folks to try and convince, and you ain't going to convince them to see any other way!

I scanned the thread. Seems only a few folks really in the "debate", which I put in quotes because it's less of a debate and more name calling and some dislike of gun laws in the US by some folks outside the US that don't think we should have them in the first place.

As much as I enjoy a good debate, I don't see any folks there that are really open to debate, just interested in saying their piece and ignoring the other side. As is typical, it's all about gun control with zero discussion of the actual problem. All emotion, little to no substance. Not really worth the time as none of them are going to change their minds.

Rather, I'd suggest sending them over here. Maybe they'll learn something useful about guns and gun rights, on a gun forum.

After reading 5 pages I'd say there's no sense in trying to get people to change any opinions. It looks like there are only a couple or three folks to try and convince, and you ain't going to convince them to see any other way!
^^That's pretty much it.^^ There are a lot of people that use the term "let's open a dialogue" when they're real intention is to get you to do it their way. They don't want a discussion, just want to scream and yell about their position. If you don't have a reason for why Cain slew Abel, and a way to prevent all murders in the future, then guns must be banned. It's an extremely simple argument and has at it's core, the denial that evil exists in the world.

^^That's pretty much it.^^ There are a lot of people that use the term "let's open a dialogue" when they're real intention is to get you to do it their way. They don't want a discussion, just want to scream and yell about their position. If you don't have a reason for why Cain slew Abel, and a way to prevent all murders in the future, then guns must be banned. It's an extremely simple argument and has at it's core, the denial that evil exists in the world.
I do have a foolproof way to end murder, but nobody'd like it, myself included... the extinction of our species. No more people to kill, no more murder.

Probably why so many Leftists want to wipe out most of the world's population in the name of "environmentalism"...

Never mind that if someone wants you dead bad enough, he'll drop trou and beat you to death with his dick if that's the only means available to him. Once mens rea is present, that's all it takes...

o_OWe all know that type all to well. Do your self a favor and ask those kind of questions where people will support the fact that you want to be a safe law abiding gun owner. Arguing or as you call it debating with someone like that usually is a lost cause. :rolleyes:o_O

Hey guys,

I did not bother to look at the forum since I can guess how it was going.They have their mind made up on certain things and no facts are allowed in after that. Guns are bad is one of them. Now if someone is just not sure, or thinks maybe laws will help. Then you can talk. If they shut you down as soon as you try you are wasting your time.

Thanks for all the inputs everyone, I like to read and educate myself on all points of view, but when it gets to going back and forth, my memory fails me and I can't remember all the arguments. There is a counter to every point though!

Should have come here to ask that question, I try to stay on this sidemof enemy lines :eek:

For sure, I now know the error of my ways ;) Main reason I was asking on the bmw forum was because bmw made a security model (armored) for the x5 with integrated door lock boxes, and I wanted to see if I could get the part numbers or if anyone had one to share their experience with it. Looks like this, and very subtle and awesome.

lockbox1.jpg
lockbox2.jpg

I agree - I guess now I know where the MAJORITY of Beemer owners stand....

Most bmw owners are douchebags lol, but there are the very few of us who actually love the cars for the way they drive and are engineered, not the status symbol of the DB that it entails. I prefer the older cars myself.

fk'm buy a chevrolet

mic drop

you would not believe how many truck guns i have had to call the owner for permission to check and see if theyre ok for me to check if they are clear for me to work around/remove to get to certain components.

a lot of mosins and hi points.

couple AR pistols

glocks

ypu name it

fk'm buy a chevrolet

mic drop

you would not believe how many truck guns i have had to call the owner for permission to check and see if theyre ok for me to check if they are clear for me to work around/remove to get to certain components.

a lot of mosins and hi points.

couple AR pistols

glocks

ypu name it

That's kind of scary. I keep a gun in the vehicle that's well hidden but it comes out if the vehicle is going to be left at any kind of shop. If people are just forgetting the damn gun is there what are they going to do if they go to get it one day and it's no longer there? Leaving them with no idea of when it was taken. Not everyone is honest like you. Many shops are going to have someone who if they found a gun may well just walk off with it.

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews