JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.

Full size or compact?

• Langdon Tactical Elite Full

Votes: 12 66.7%
  • Landon Tactical Elite Compact

Votes: 6 33.3%

• Total voters
Yeah, I probably would.

Billion dollar question, I have an M9A4 and a 92x Performance, would I need the full size, centurion or compact?
Man, I fondled a 92X Performance at a shop a couple days ago. I'm not ballin' enough to drop the almost $1700 on it ($1559 + 8.25% sales tax) right now but oh, my, gawd was that the best stock double action trigger I've ever pulled.

I wound up bringing home a 92X RDO yesterday that was $680 out the door instead.

I've become Beretta's newest fan-girl, thanks to that 92FS I picked up a while back. I'd forgotten how nice they actually are to shoot, as I've been living the striker fired life for so long.

I'm actually at a point right this second - I don't own a striker fired handgun. My wife does, but I don't. She had to bring home a Glock 43X for herself when I got my newest Beretta.

If I can sell a kidney (mine, or someone else's, don't matter...) I want to get a 92X Performance Carry Optic model.

Man, I fondled a 92X Performance at a shop a couple days ago. I'm not ballin' enough to drop the almost $1700 on it ($1559 + 8.25% sales tax) right now but oh, my, gawd was that the best stock double action trigger I've ever pulled.

I wound up bringing home a 92X RDO yesterday that was $680 out the door instead.

I've become Beretta's newest fan-girl, thanks to that 92FS I picked up a while back. I'd forgotten how nice they actually are to shoot, as I've been living the striker fired life for so long.

I'm actually at a point right this second - I don't own a striker fired handgun. My wife does, but I don't. She had to bring home a Glock 43X for herself when I got my newest Beretta.

If I can sell a kidney (mine, or someone else's, don't matter...) I want to get a 92X Performance Carry Optic model.
I actually bought this fella with an awesome trigger job.

How much sweeter is the trigger on the Langdon-magic model over a stock 92X Performance?
I haven't had my paws on one, but I sent my M9a4 to Langdon, and it's magical. I'm a light trigger guy, and the single action is a pleasant surprise. The Langdon trigger jobs put the trigger on par with my 90s python. The only thing I need to get used to is the take-up on a full trigger pull in SA mode.

The 92x pull is lighter than the M9a4. Also, you can send any Beretta 92 series to Langdon after the fact for their magic. I believe the M9a4 came in under $300 with shipping both ways.

I was considering a Colt SAA, but I can't find one that I like the pricing. I'm leaning towards the LTT Full sized.

In my pissed off state, I ordered a Langdon LTT Elite full sized, do I need a compact to accompany it, the m9a4 with Langdon trigger job and the Langdon 92x Performance?

Last Edited:
In my pissed off state, I ordered a Langdon LTT Elite full sized, do I need a compact to accompany it, the m9a4 with Langdon trigger job and the Langdon 92x Performance?
Yes, no that's a Double Yes, make that a Triple Yes, yeah a Triple Yes. .... Triple Yes!

When working abroad I avoided the M9 and 92fs unless I couldn't.
I preferred the BHP or Turkish clones.
I also acquired a pair of the FEG P9R. These are the bastard stepchild of the BHP and the S&W 59.

It all depended on the environment I was working in. If my security was regular army I usually had to bend to their will when and if even allowed. I had qualified stateside but it's exclusively up to the command if I was allowed.

When my security was USMC they almost universally allowed access to weapons as long as I could convince them I knew which end the bullets came out of and where, when, and whom to shoot.

I just never got used to the Beretta. At least it wasn't as bad as a Glock (for me anyway). The Beretta I could at least hit something with. Not bashing the Glock other than I just never figured them out. Maybe I just didn't pursue a better trigger and semi erotic (exotic? :) ) massage.

If anyone would like to talk up the finer points of a well assembled 92/M9 I'm all ears but at this point, I don't get it.

When working abroad I avoided the M9 and 92fs unless I couldn't.
I preferred the BHP or Turkish clones.
I also acquired a pair of the FEG P9R. These are the bastard stepchild of the BHP and the S&W 59.

It all depended on the environment I was working in. If my security was regular army I usually had to bend to their will when and if even allowed. I had qualified stateside but it's exclusively up to the command if I was allowed.

When my security was USMC they almost universally allowed access to weapons as long as I could convince them I knew which end the bullets came out of and where, when, and whom to shoot.

I just never got used to the Beretta. At least it wasn't as bad as a Glock (for me anyway). The Beretta I could at least hit something with. Not bashing the Glock other than I just never figured them out. Maybe I just didn't pursue a better trigger and semi erotic (exotic? :) ) massage.

If anyone would like to talk up the finer points of a well assembled 92/M9 I'm all ears but at this point, I don't get it.
I prefer all metal, whether it's aluminum or steel framed. The M9a4 trigger wasn't that great, I was looking for a new suppressor host, and the Beretta came stock with a threaded barrel as opposed to the Sig22x series. The close runner up was the HK45T with a threaded barrel, but again, it's a plastic frame.

The Langdon trigger work is amazing, and I'm kind of hooked on the 92/M9 now as opposed to the Glocks.

Last Edited:
One of these days I'll get to experience Langdon trigger work.
I read up^ and saw the suppressor requirement so now I understand.
I too prefer all metal, but I'm not opposed to technology or innovation, I just can't seem to figure out Glocks.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors May 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top