JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
yeah yeah yeah, I know. Opinions are like bubblegum holes when it comes to the 1911 but I am really haveing a hard time choosing. At first I was just going to pick up a Colt Government and call it good. Then I started getting that itch. The one you get after holding a fine 1911 like a Wilson, Or a Ed Brown.
I have a budget of around 4k which is in range for most except for the fully custom pistols. Right now I am leaning to a Guncrafter GWNN. Now I have not held one but I have heard Wilson people say they are better then a Wilson so that says a lot.

You only get one lifetime so buy what you want. After a full life of shooting I feel the high dollar guns can be better if they use the right parts but it takes a real name to hold its value. Wilson has a good name and no mim parts, I would probably buy one if I thought I had a need for one.

I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a gun that shoots no straighter than a good Series 70 colt or Comercial colt. I tend to figure what the value of something is and some guns just don't add up. $4000 for a 1911 that isn't even engraved is way too much in my mind. How we value things in our own minds kinda tells you a lot about what you will buy.

Are you going to shoot it or just safe it?

shoot.. and thats what is keeping me from pulling the trigger.. what can I buy for that 4k.. 2 colts and 4k rounds or more. Two Dan Wesson Valors + 1k rounds.. ect ect.

High dollar gun should look like one of a kind to me. Nice engraving that the next guy is going to pay for and it should shoot dead straight. I bought guns in the past that shoot dead straight and didn't cost that much money, just don't get where the extra value comes from in a near stock gun.

High dollar gun should look like one of a kind to me. Nice engraving that the next guy is going to pay for and it should shoot dead straight. I bought guns in the past that shoot dead straight and didn't cost that much money, just don't get where the extra value comes from in a near stock gun.
See, I don't like the " BBQ guns " they look like something a drug dealer would have. I want the finest fitting with the finest parts that will shoot the wings off a fly at 50 yards.
Honestly.. If the right 1914ish warhorse comes up with providence that its been to war and back. thats what I will buy.

See, I don't like the " BBQ guns " they look like something a drug dealer would have. I want the finest fitting with the finest parts that will shoot the wings off a fly at 50 yards.
Honestly.. If the right 1914ish warhorse comes up with providence that its been to war and back. thats what I will buy.

They don't have to be fancy...

20150622_211457.jpg

Awesome kit Solv3nt! I've always preferred the straight cut slide serrations and USGI-ish configuration.
I wanted the blue finish, but Wilson hadn't started their in-house bluing until after I had placed the order, and I didn't find out about it until she had already gone in for finishing.

It's just the old man in me but I like good guns that look good. Lots of good guns out there but most are made of plastic and you can't dress them up. It's like driving a car that is just a work car when you want something custom.

You have the right name in your signature.I had a TacPac 1911 and it was very accurate and ran great. Wasn't blue so never fell in love with it but a great shooter.Took it out to 159 yards and kept the group MOCD (minute of car door,lol) But close in was GTG
My first choice for a regular guy's 1911 would most definitely be the Springfield Range Officer or Loaded.More than accurate enough and usually cost less than a Kimber with ,what I feel,is as good or better quality.My new one is a TRP I'll pick up at the end of the month. I'm hoping for the same accuracy of the loaded and RO I sold to my friend to move hear.
I was called communist for not having a 1911,BTW
The remington and Rugers are nice guns ,but I believe they are priced for their quality at the $600 range.
For that price any Filipino 1911 is a great bargain

What ammo did they use to get that tight group.
Had to put this in this thread to not poo on the custom Colt thread.
I can ,DID shoot my Springfield RO with some wilson springs,only like that with standard ball ammo
$750+ shipping and transfer
No i don't have targets but I do have witnesses,including the guy who bought it from me

I have a Colt Gold Cup as well as my Les Baer. The Gold Cup has had all sorts of trigger work, All the MIM parts have been replaced with Cylinder & Slide tool steel parts and it recently came back from Colt with a new match grade barrel and bushing & the VIS re-cut. I shoot it every bit as good as my LB and I don't feel guilty putting rounds through it!
I want to say that CDNN recently had the SS TRP for $1249 - screaming deal because I believe it doesn't have MIM parts. Although I might know where there is a mint condition Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special.......

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top