JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
yeah yeah yeah, I know. Opinions are like bubblegum holes when it comes to the 1911 but I am really haveing a hard time choosing. At first I was just going to pick up a Colt Government and call it good. Then I started getting that itch. The one you get after holding a fine 1911 like a Wilson, Or a Ed Brown.
I have a budget of around 4k which is in range for most except for the fully custom pistols. Right now I am leaning to a Guncrafter GWNN. Now I have not held one but I have heard Wilson people say they are better then a Wilson so that says a lot.

You only get one lifetime so buy what you want. After a full life of shooting I feel the high dollar guns can be better if they use the right parts but it takes a real name to hold its value. Wilson has a good name and no mim parts, I would probably buy one if I thought I had a need for one.

I just can't bring myself to spend that much money on a gun that shoots no straighter than a good Series 70 colt or Comercial colt. I tend to figure what the value of something is and some guns just don't add up. $4000 for a 1911 that isn't even engraved is way too much in my mind. How we value things in our own minds kinda tells you a lot about what you will buy.

Are you going to shoot it or just safe it?

shoot.. and thats what is keeping me from pulling the trigger.. what can I buy for that 4k.. 2 colts and 4k rounds or more. Two Dan Wesson Valors + 1k rounds.. ect ect.

High dollar gun should look like one of a kind to me. Nice engraving that the next guy is going to pay for and it should shoot dead straight. I bought guns in the past that shoot dead straight and didn't cost that much money, just don't get where the extra value comes from in a near stock gun.

High dollar gun should look like one of a kind to me. Nice engraving that the next guy is going to pay for and it should shoot dead straight. I bought guns in the past that shoot dead straight and didn't cost that much money, just don't get where the extra value comes from in a near stock gun.
See, I don't like the " BBQ guns " they look like something a drug dealer would have. I want the finest fitting with the finest parts that will shoot the wings off a fly at 50 yards.
Honestly.. If the right 1914ish warhorse comes up with providence that its been to war and back. thats what I will buy.

See, I don't like the " BBQ guns " they look like something a drug dealer would have. I want the finest fitting with the finest parts that will shoot the wings off a fly at 50 yards.
Honestly.. If the right 1914ish warhorse comes up with providence that its been to war and back. thats what I will buy.

They don't have to be fancy...

20150622_211457.jpg

Awesome kit Solv3nt! I've always preferred the straight cut slide serrations and USGI-ish configuration.
I wanted the blue finish, but Wilson hadn't started their in-house bluing until after I had placed the order, and I didn't find out about it until she had already gone in for finishing.

It's just the old man in me but I like good guns that look good. Lots of good guns out there but most are made of plastic and you can't dress them up. It's like driving a car that is just a work car when you want something custom.

You have the right name in your signature.I had a TacPac 1911 and it was very accurate and ran great. Wasn't blue so never fell in love with it but a great shooter.Took it out to 159 yards and kept the group MOCD (minute of car door,lol) But close in was GTG
My first choice for a regular guy's 1911 would most definitely be the Springfield Range Officer or Loaded.More than accurate enough and usually cost less than a Kimber with ,what I feel,is as good or better quality.My new one is a TRP I'll pick up at the end of the month. I'm hoping for the same accuracy of the loaded and RO I sold to my friend to move hear.
I was called communist for not having a 1911,BTW
The remington and Rugers are nice guns ,but I believe they are priced for their quality at the $600 range.
For that price any Filipino 1911 is a great bargain

What ammo did they use to get that tight group.
Had to put this in this thread to not poo on the custom Colt thread.
I can ,DID shoot my Springfield RO with some wilson springs,only like that with standard ball ammo
$750+ shipping and transfer
No i don't have targets but I do have witnesses,including the guy who bought it from me

I have a Colt Gold Cup as well as my Les Baer. The Gold Cup has had all sorts of trigger work, All the MIM parts have been replaced with Cylinder & Slide tool steel parts and it recently came back from Colt with a new match grade barrel and bushing & the VIS re-cut. I shoot it every bit as good as my LB and I don't feel guilty putting rounds through it!
I want to say that CDNN recently had the SS TRP for $1249 - screaming deal because I believe it doesn't have MIM parts. Although I might know where there is a mint condition Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special.......

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top