JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'm going in the opposite direction money wise. I just purchased a 1945 WW ll Remington Rand from a member here for only $400.00. It needs a replacement front & rear sight and the slide re parked, but all together I should have less then $650.00 in it and it will be a very capable shooter with some history behind it.

Kinda like that scene in Silverado when the cylinder falls out of the guys revolver ?

Well, you know what I'm saying. Who hasn't had some "1911" woes? lol

giphy.gif

I have Chosen!!!

A GI No Name will be arriving at the ARPC on Thursday some time. I shall be there Friday to pick it up.
Well thank the Jesus. I was just getting ready to submit that one needing help deciding on.. nevermind.. I'm glad you made some sort of decision regarding a simple tool. tremendous joy!
With that said, please tell us how that thing works.. reliability/round count/required maintenance/accuracy yada.

congrats !!! the NN is an excellent choice, and darned good value next to Wilson, NH etc....
If i were starting from scratch, I'd get a Baer, a DW Valor and a No Name and call it good.

using mine as the host for my Osprey

DSCF0699_zpsunj6697o.jpg DSCF0661_zpsmt8evgot.jpg

congrats !!! the NN is an excellent choice, and darned good value next to Wilson, NH etc....
If i were starting from scratch, I'd get a Baer, a DW Valor and a No Name and call it good.

using mine as the host for my Osprey

Thats a very nice collection of simple tools you have there. I really enjoy mine and am expecting another in the next few days.
I put a few mags through my no name yesterday and I noticed it was a bit hard to seat the wilson mags in it, a little more force was needed. Other then that. Its exactly what I wanted - the gold front sight.

I liked / like my Ruger 1911, Mim parts and all so I bought a Para Black Ops Recon, love the looks and feel of the Para....but I still cant reliably shoot 100 rounds without a hiccup. I need to try another 250 rounds or so before I would carry it, Twice the price of my reliable Ruger.

I've had more than a few 1911's, right now I'm in the "building" phase using foster frames and parts sourced fron various suppliers. The recon and race ready recon have integral mag wells and plunger tubes. The mag well because it's cool and the plunger tube because I've seen more than a few 1911's disabled by a loose (or falling off) one. The recon is done, should repark it though, and the race ready recon is about 3/4 done, need more parts. It should be pretty easy to keep costs to under 1000, not counting labor of course.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top