JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
<broken link removed>

Oh, I didn't mean to give the impression that I doubted the situation that you claimed. But I say again, it makes no difference. The only opinions that matter are the Supreme Court and the BATF. Not you, me, or the ILA. The matter has a precedent now, and logic lost the day. Buyer beware!!

If it gives anti's click bait to point to Joe's site, it's not open for discussion.

Well, just take me off the membership then. IMO that's not a comment to make given the nature of my comments and statements of concern about safety in this thread.

Last Edited:
Well, just take me off the membership then. IMO that's a comment to make given the nature of my comments and statements of concern about safety in this thread.

Agreed. Honestly, I skimmed your post as well as Joe13's. My apologies.

Well, just take me off the membership then. IMO that's a retarded comment to make given the nature of my comments and statements of concern about safety in this thread.
It seems that some people give jars of pickles to their grandmas for Christmas.. after trolling the innernet all about it.
lol

There is nothing illegal about gifting a firearm. Gifting across state lines may be another matter.
There is nothing stating how long you must own a firearm before gifting.
Both of the rifles I bought for my parents were purchased with the dealer knowing full well they were for gifts.
Straw purchase is just that. A gun purchased to sell to someone who is/was unable to buy one legally themselves. I spose if you purchased a gun to gift to someone that couldn't buy one themselves you might be "crossing the line".
So far everyone is speculating on the gifting vs. straw purchasing thing. If you receive money for the gun, or receive money to buy the gun, it's a straw purchase.

My recommendation would be to separate the gun from the cash.

You buy the gun with your cash for you. Do required paperwork for where you live and seller lives.

Keep gun for a period of time.
(see NFL rules on what is a catch)

Then give your mother a nice gift with a bow and a card.
Assuming Mom ain't a felon and all.
And shes a citizen or lawful resident of the ol USA
and ...

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR