JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Apparently you need these to hunt some properties in UK?
And I have read that many land owners in NZ make folks use them.
If the ' not disturbing the neighborhood ' approach is used we might have some chance.
Just say no to noise pollution ;)

But I gotta think of the children!

We will, got to protect those little ears.

Actually I'm totally serious about this as I am almost 60 and from the time I was 12 yrs old to about 16, I shot guns every day.

Started out with pellet guns, and went to .22 and on up the scale and I had almost ZERO adult supervision, that means no one told me to put in earplugs, so I now walk around saying huh... what did you say?

I had one friend back then who I hunted with and I can tell you we shot side by side a lot. I can even remember my friend being slightly ahead of me and firing at rabbits with a single shot 12ga and noticing him rearing back from the muzzle blast and noise, same for me. huh, what was that you said?

You can bet when taking my son shooting, he was wearing hearing protection. Then he joins the US Army as infantry and now... guess what he has his own hearing damage from firing AR rifles with no silencers in battle. Deployed so many times to Iraq and Afghanistan in 10 yrs he can't even remember the exact number.

Like father like son? in a way I guess....

Silencers coulda helped us both. You can bet, my grand daughter will be firing at the range with hearing protection and a silencer but paying 200.00 fee per gun, probably not going to happen.

I am kinda lucky in one way, once silencers become legal I'll start turning them out like candy as I am a machinist. I'll probably start making silencer adapters that will clamp on a stock barrel eliminating the need to thread the barrel.

Last Edited:
We will, got to protect those little ears.

I am kinda lucky in one way, once silencers become legal I'll start turning them out like candy as I am a machinist. I'll probably start making silencer adaptors that will clamp on a stock barrel eleminating the need to thread the barrel.

First up will be the Ruger 10/22 with green mountain barrel I have. It has the standard .920 barrel diameter. Super easy to make a adapter that slides on, clamps down and away you go. screw on any silencer you like.

Once they become legal I will sell your suppressors and we can make a profit!

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads