JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Why do they have Scott Pele from 60 Minutes and a headline about "The Explosive Force Of An AR15!!!"???
You talking about this?

Honestly, some scare tactic in it but not a ton of misinformation - I'm slightly shocked. I can see why some people would say, "I shouldn't have to teach my kid how to apply a tourniquet." But, I'd disagree. Having a working knowledge of first-responder type triage for wounds is just being responsible.

You talking about this?

I didn't watch it, I just noticed it is at the top of the CBS page that the link took me to.... you're saying it's not part of that article on the 11yr old???

BTW there is another vid on the top of the page that says "Why Do Mass Shooters Use The AR15?"

I didn't watch it, I just noticed it is at the top of the CBS page that the link took me to.... you're saying it's not part of that article on the 11yr old???

BTW there is another vid on the top of the page that says "Why Do Mass Shooters Use The AR15?"

No, it's not a part of the article, just a loosely related video. They did the "Explosive Force" video back in November, 2018. I only watched the snippet, not the whole 60-minutes segment. The snippet really just goes over the fact that doctors in the US have no experience with rifle wounds and that rifle wound cavities pose a greater risk than pistol wounds (yea, yea, shot placement, bla, bla...this is a generality) due to blood loss. Then it shows a doctor teaching a class how to apply a tourniquet and triage a rifle wound.

Like I said, nothing that would surprise anyone here regarding wounds...and my own opinion on medical knowledge is: the more you know, the better.

So, it's yet more propaganda. :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
Maybe. Could also just be a news site trying to get more views or help out their SEO. If you go to this page: How to watch the Democratic debate in South Carolina you'll notice that there are more video reels related to the debates.

My guess is that it is just a simple related articles section that is coded to grab off of tags given to the article, like "AR15" slapped on anything and everything even mentioning an AR15. So, it pulls all "relevant" material that it can.

Honestly, the interview was with a woman who set out to study gun wounds from a medical perspective, not try to make any policy pushes. I can respect that.

Honestly, the interview was with a woman who set out to study gun wounds from a medical perspective, not try to make any policy pushes. I can respect that.

Not my point at all.... I do believe that the page is all about demonizing those evil black guns. Regardless of what the meat of the stories are... it's the headlines (or whatever they call them) that give the message CBS wants to send. It's the reason why I don't watch TV news... the agenda is in the setup to the story, even if it's not in the story.

"I shouldn't have to teach my kid how to apply a tourniquet." But, I'd disagree. Having a working knowledge of first-responder type triage for wounds is just being responsible.

^ Exactly.
I guess the genius saying they don't want to teach their kids important first aid in order to pander to the anti gun narrative must not realize car crashes, extreme falls and various other puncture wounds (such as street stabbings during muggings or even falls onto branches, which does happen) are all too common and knowing how to limit blood loss can mean the difference of life and death.

Its utterly laughable when antis attempt to virtue signal, making silly arguments while failing to realize that same first aid could save them in various other situations, not just shootings.

Not my point at all.... I do believe that the page is all about demonizing those evil black guns. Regardless of what the meat of the stories are... it's the headlines (or whatever they call them) that give the message CBS wants to send. It's the reason why I don't watch TV news... the agenda is in the setup to the story, even if it's not in the story.

Completely agree with you. Titling it "The Explosive Force of AR-15 Style Rifles" is 100% scare tactic BS.

Any nerds in here watch Firefly and remember this one: "it takes less than a pound of pressure to cut skin...we're fragile creatures."

I don't know if it is cognitive dissonance or just an ignorant chasm, but for the life of me, I don't understand why people immediately think that the AR or a .223 caliber is super-extra-deadly. I just want to ask them: so, you know that we have guns that bring down buffalo, or elk, or deer...do you honestly think that the AR does that? And if not, wouldn't being shot with that gun be a lot scarier of a prospect?

Point is: it doesn't take much to kill people, we are incredibly fragile animals. Everything that we have created to hunt with right back to the spear is capable of bringing us down even better than the animal it was intended for because, without tools, we're no longer the top of the food chain. It doesn't matter if it is a handgun, a .223, a .308, a 45-70...getting shot is no laughing matter and every gun ever made has had the ability to send us to our maker.

I don't understand people's need to place each firearm on a spectrum of lethality. No, they're all lethal. Period. That's the point.

Am I the only one who zoomed in to the picture and thought the grandpa should yard that crappy quad rail and bipod so it's not so heavy for her?

:cool:

I don't understand people's need to place each firearm on a spectrum of lethality. No, they're all lethal. Period. That's the point.

Yup! That's an anti-gunner or a neophyte that does that.

Or this guy:

I LOVE the comment underneath where the fellow says he's disappointed that it didn't take the guy's head clean off!!! :D

I understand one of the points the man was trying to make....
A loaded firearm is only as dangerous as the person who is handling it.
( Which I do indeed agree with )
But...
I gotta wonder if all the anti- gun people and those folks on the fence as it were....
Are just gonna read that a 11 year had access to a loaded AR15 and took it to a legislative hearing.

Sure lets get the message out that firearms are safe to be around when properly handled and that gun owners are not a threat or the problem....But lets also be sure that the messenger does not "kill" the message.
Not sayin' that is going on here for sure....just something to consider.
Andy

The AR15 and 9mm Glock is the weapon of choice for law enforcement against civilians!? What is she talking about in that video?????

I think it's better that a responsible young granddaughter can stand next to her grandfather in a first world nation then pointing it at good people at a younger age in a third world nation. People need a reality check.

When I see that girl and her grandfather I think wow that family is happy and well fed and enjoying shooting sports together.

As opposed to this guy:

childsoldier.jpg

The grandfather could have made the point better leaving the AR behind. He could have brought the granddaughter and discussed her abilities and skills with the legislators to further his cause: promoting concealed carry reciprocity. They may have heard him, they may not have, but the situation now is that those legislators are going to be inundated with emails and calls from around the nation by hardcore antis and if the legislators have any aspirations beyond their little state office, they're going to hope this story goes away and dies quietly. The quickest way for that to happen is for the concealed carry reciprocity law grandpa supports, to ride off into the sunset and never to be heard from again. Thanks gramps.

In general, the most likely direct results of open carrying ARs or AKs or whatever, is negative press and legislative backlash. And before anyone says "but Virginia" -- I'd bet a large sum that any success had there was in spite of the people walking around like GI Joe, rather than because of them.

Makes you wonder...how many other folks testified that day and what did they say? Nope, hyperfocus on the attention seekers...lol. the more things change, the more they stay the same.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top