JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Once they become legal I will sell your suppressors and we can make a profit!

and... business will be very good.

Prices will no doubt have to come down though as these things really are not hard to make. Where I plan to "clean up" is with silencer adapters that clamp on the barrel so virtually any long gun can have a silencer fitted.

I have a ruger 10/22 with a green mountain barrel. It has the standard .920 diameter so making a clamp on mount will be cake. Slide on, tighten down, thread on silencer and pew pew pew with much less noise.

and... business will be very good.

Prices will no doubt have to come down though as these things really are not hard to make. Where I plan to "clean up" is with silencer adapters that clamp on the barrel so virtually any long gun can have a silencer fitted.

I have a ruger 10/22 with a green mountain barrel. It has the standard .920 diameter so making a clamp on mount will be cake. Slide on, tighten down, thread on silencer and pew pew pew with much less noise.

Sounds like a lucrative plan

I've been following this bill since inception. It is an ethical win-win situation with our current legislative committee.
The co-sponsors are piling up. I was very happy to see Oregon's own (Democratic) Peter DeFazio sponsor the bill.
Cross your fingers.

I've been following this bill since inception. It is an ethical win-win situation with our current legislative committee.
The co-sponsors are piling up. I was very happy to see Oregon's own (Democratic) Peter DeFazio sponsor the bill.
Cross your fingers.

I'm actually getting excited, it is passed crossing fingers for me, I EXPECT this to happen, only question is how long will it take.

The real question is, if this passes, can we assume there will be a run on cans as well as a shortage for some time until they can catch up?

And can you imagine - a suppressor section in the classifieds? I wonder, would they become a FTF item, or require a BGC/transfer?

The real question is, if this passes, can we assume there will be a run on cans as well as a shortage for some time until they can catch up?

And can you imagine - a suppressor section in the classifieds? I wonder, would they become a FTF item, or require a BGC/transfer?
FTF until certain states start requiring BCGs. So get em while their hot. lol

I posted a link to the American Suppressor Association in a thread back in March:
Support the Hearing Protection Act

Below is the link to the American Suppressor Association where you can notify your elected Representative of your support for this bill. It uses your address to find the Rep for your district and sends them a well-written email. Just fill in the info and hit submit. I just did it again to make sure it was still working. I didn't give them my phone number because it's not required and I figured they didn't need it. As I said in the original thread it doesn't get any easier than this!

Link to ASA: Support the Hearing Protection Act

Copy of the email you'd be sending to your elected Representative:

The Hearing Protection Act (H.R. 3799), legislation which addresses the removal of suppressors (also known as silencers) from the National Firearms Act, is of paramount interest to me because I am a law-abiding citizen who values both the safety of my hearing and the hearing of those around me. This issue directly impacts my ability and the ability of countless other law abiding citizens to practice reasonable and responsible safety measures while enjoying our sport - whether that is hunting, target shooting, or any related activity allowed by the laws of this country.

Suppressors have been misrepresented in entertainment and the media for quite some time, which has given many misinformed people a negative perception of them. Ownership of silencers has skyrocketed in the recent past, without any correlation of crimes committed using silencers. In fact, the number of crimes committed using silencers is so low, it is within the margin of numerical error within the general statistics relating to crime. Numbers provided directly from the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms, and Explosives support these statements.

I urge you to sincerely evaluate the benign and responsible uses of suppressors in hunting and sporting applications and consider becoming a cosponsor of the Hearing Protection Act.

Thank you for your consideration of my viewpoint on this matter. I believe it is an important issue, and would like to see the Hearing Protection Act pass to ensure that Americans are able to freely practice their sport and protect their hearing.

Last Edited:
Thanks rawen2 for posting that.
If you're into silencers or ever would like to own one you should get involved. To me the current situation is ridicules!
Comparison to cars: Imagine after you get your license and a car. You then may pay just as much for a muffler as the car itself. Now add a few grand in taxes. Then wait a year for the approval to use said muffler.
I'm also still surprised to hear people say the $200 tax is why they don't get one. To me the wait is the hard part. Silencers have improved a lot over the past 10 years. If you haven't seriously looked at them lately you should.
They can help improve on safety in many different ways. And if you want to introduce people that are gun shy to the sport it's a great way to start.
I personally have introduced shooting and silencers to people that don't like guns and they all had a good time and it started to change their points of view.

Last Edited:
I personally have introduced shooting and silencers to people that don't like guns and they all had a good time and it started to change their points of view.

Thats actually a great idea! Never thought about it that way. Very smart thinking there are probably people that actually don't like the pew pew sound and would rather hear the pfft pfft sound :D

I try to show people the benefits and fun of owning/shooting a firearm. I find most that don't like firearms are really just scared of them.
Silencers help with recoil. It makes the firearm longer so less problems at the muzzle. Besides wouldn't the lawmakers like to see longer guns anyway? Cuts back on the flash. The obvious is a cut in sound but it's not Hollywood sound levels. People just need to be educated on the subject they need facts not movies.

Don't care about the refund...figured it was money lost, anyway. However, since I was willing to dump $400 for a couple of .22 cans, expect me to dump even more on additional cans when they get de-listed.
And, I'm doing it for the children (their sensitive hearing, you know)...

...Prices will no doubt have to come down though as these things really are not hard to make. Where I plan to "clean up" is with silencer adapters that clamp on the barrel so virtually any long gun can have a silencer fitted...

-Yeah, and there's that fellow who makes the thread on adapter for oil filters. Those would be super handy to have a handful of, & you could then just swap out the oil filter. Common sense really.

Dang things should only cost $20.

I'm actually getting excited, it is passed crossing fingers for me, I EXPECT this to happen, only question is how long will it take.
My daddy taught me to hope for the best but expect the worst...that way you won't be disappointed. I want a can or few but until I see the Presidents signature on the Bill, I won't expect much but I will never give up hope!

If it passes you can bet your sweet bippy that they will be made illegal in Oregon as "emergency" legislation, even if they have to have a special session to do so.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads