JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
I dunno. It has some bipartizen support and with republican control in both house and the presidency I dont see how this could NOT get passed

I think it might have SOME bipartisan support but dont underestimate the fear most of the population has of silencers in the hands of the public in general. If it were to have happened it would have come out of committee a long time ago. I see no interest in Congress in modifying the NFA in any real substantive way. This isnt the first time we've had a Republican Congress and President in the same town and it has never been easy to get ANY pro gun bill through the process much less one essentially legitimizing silencers.
I think the last time a Republican President hooked us up with a "pro gun " bill we lost machine guns in the deal.

I think it might have SOME bipartisan support but dont underestimate the fear most of the population has of silencers in the hands of the public in general. If it were to have happened it would have come out of committee a long time ago. I see no interest in Congress in modifying the NFA in any real substantive way. This isnt the first time we've had a Republican Congress and President in the same town and it has never been easy to get ANY pro gun bill through the process much less one essentially legitimizing silencers.
I think the last time a Republican President hooked us up with a "pro gun " bill we lost machine guns in the deal.
well only time will tell. But I think that with the growth of the suppressor industry and how much more common the suppressors have become in the last 8 years alone would give us a much better chance of getting this bill passed.

And...
I know Trump is coming in expecting to be the dictator but that is not the way WA DC really works. Everything is tit for tat. Maybe silencers get unshackled but expanded waiting periods for regular gun purchases , which Trump has endorsed in the past, get tacked on. I'm not sure I'd want to trade easy access to silencers for anything else.

Never underestimate the turncoats in the RINO Wing and their collusion with their DemoKKKrat masters...

Except they have a shepherd now who knows how to apply pressure when/were needed. RINO's want to play games, we simply make thousands of calls in their district and flood their offices with an over whelming amount of "pro bill" pressure.

Trump needs to build a system where the right constituents can be contacted in any district of any congressman or senator as needed.

Oh ya we got that, it is called the NRA...

Yes I know some people are irritate with the NRA but they know where each member is and could be employed to use this information "as needed". This needs to be done as privately as possible so as to not alert the other side and spark retaliation.

Knowing the NRA, they would do this and pressure all of these people to become NRA members, WRONG way to do it. So maybe the NRA might not be the best organization to do this...

They can be treated as a firearm.

Buy it with approval or make one of your own accord...

Let isn't NOT forget the reason they are the no no list. The government was afraid during the Great Depression people would poach.... almost sounds plausible in this bubblegumty economy as well.

Everyone talking about oil filters...

Pfffff.
jmpf (<---linked website)
SDTactical
Etc.. even Fleabay has solvent trap kits that you can buy and form1 right now if you wanted. Probably would take you 15 minutes to finish once your stamp was in.

$180 for an aluminum housing and an all stainless steel baffle setup isn't bad. $115 for the same but only have your first baffle be stainless.

Give people a stick and string and you will have a weapon. What's better the Indian or the bow?

Last Edited:

Let isn't NOT forget the reason they are the no no list. The government was afraid during the Great Depression people would poach.... almost sounds plausible in this bubblegumty economy as well.

Pfffff.
SDTactical
Etc.. even Fleabay has solvent trap kits that you can buy and form1 right now if you wanted. Probably would take you 15 minutes to finish once your stamp was in.

$180 for an aluminum housing and an all stainless steel baffle setup isn't bad. $115 for the same but only have your first baffle be stainless.

Give people a stick and string and you will have a weapon. What's better the Indian or the bow?

I managed to get the cost down to less than a dollar! o_O

fp-foam-ear-plugs.jpg

I managed to get the cost down to less than a dollar! :D

View attachment 323472
There is a place for having a rifle suppressed while hunting. Even the single shot from a rifle can do damage, not everyone hunts with ear muffs on or electronic muffs. I like to hear the wind, birds and twigs snap.

Pfffff.
SDTactical

Boy, that SDTactical really likes their stuff . I think the going price on amazon or ebay is about 1/4 of what they want.

WIX 24003 Filter Replacement or Protective Combo End Caps 1/2-28 | eBay

That's a good read.
It's true and interesting how your a year behind when you actually take possession of a silencer. So to get a good idea of how good a particular model is takes some time. Got one that was new, by the time I got to use it they had 2 new models coming out!
I'm currently waiting on 2 stamps so, I'm curious to see what the times will be when we get to the end of the line for those who submitted before the 41p. I have been a little surprised to see it hold around 7 months for this long. I figured it would be to 9 months by now.

If congress can get the bill passed then we have a chance at it being signed. If that happens, then I will surely be buying some suppressors and threaded barrels.

I won't hold my breath though - I think that congress will have different priorities than gun rights.

True I'm not holding my breath but glad to see it has got this far. But I wouldn't wait to buy one because of this.
I encourage anybody to get one you won't regret it, other than you can't stop at just one you get hooked and realize why did I wait so long to do this in the first place.

I'll be buying additional suppressors if this change becomes law or not. The only difference will be I'll be able for afford more suppressors if I don't have to pay the additional $200 per can. Ending the painful NFA wait is just gravy.

An added bonus will be that wait time for all other NFA items should go down if suppressor paperwork goes away.

No form 1 to make my own? The BEST part of the whole deal.

We all recognize the benefit of shooting suppressed, besides the fun/cool factor. However, the general public does not. They view them as shown on TV where bad guys use them to kill people and get away because no one hears the gunshot. Just like West Side Story made everyone think that auto knives were evil as the gangs all used them. Public perception is difficult to change.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads