JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Y
The grandfather could have made the point better leaving the AR behind. He could have brought the granddaughter and discussed her abilities and skills with the legislators to further his cause: promoting concealed carry reciprocity. They may have heard him, they may not have, but the situation now is that those legislators are going to be inundated with emails and calls from around the nation by hardcore antis and if the legislators have any aspirations beyond their little state office, they're going to hope this story goes away and dies quietly. The quickest way for that to happen is for the concealed carry reciprocity law grandpa supports, to ride off into the sunset and never to be heard from again. Thanks gramps.

In general, the most likely direct results of open carrying ARs or AKs or whatever, is negative press and legislative backlash. And before anyone says "but Virginia" -- I'd bet a large sum that any success had there was in spite of the people walking around like GI Joe, rather than because of them.
I do not think the the legislators will care much what the antis around the nation might think or say. Remember, this is Idaho! Furthermore, it was not about concealed carry reciprocity. Idaho already recognizes permits from all other states including those from states that do not recognize Idaho permits.

I was at several other recent rallies with ISAA. I didn't make the one the other day. I can't see her face, but I'm pretty sure this is the same girl that I've seen at those other rallies. I told her thank you for coming and thanked her grandfather for bringing a youngster since not many are at these things, and she gets to learn some civics. This "incident" made the local radio show as well yesterday (Nate Shelman KBOI), but didn't get to hear much of it. I get the anti-OC crowd, and the messenger detracting from the message, but in my view, she was there to show support for Rep. Zito's bill and didn't seem to be some stooge, merely prodded into being there by her elders.

The other rally (in front of Bloomberg's office), where I saw her there too (and there's a photo of her):

ISAA's Greg Pruett's take...

Honestly I have zero problems with what the grandfather did. I was 2 years older when I had my first few guns. And I would have had to teach my parents safety with guns.

And 2 of mine fired significantly more potent rounds than a .223

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads