JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Status
Adam and Jamie tried that... not like you have time to get out of the way anyway, most rounds (notable exception, subsonic .45ACP) by the time you hear it it's already connected.

By definition, any round that is traveling faster than the speed of sound - which changes based on a variety of factors but is around 1126 feet/sec at sea level - will reach the target BEFORE the sound reaches the target.

A simple analogy: You have two cars on a 1/4 mile drag strip. Car 1 starts going 76 mph, car 2 is going 100 mph. Which reaches the finish line first? Car 2 - which is in this case the bullet (car 1 is the speed of sound). Of course there are a lot more factors than this, but you get the idea.

Funny, we didn't ever have a Tango with a Suppressed rifle, but we were told to drop when we heard the shot ( killer Bee), Might be a follow up right after it! Otherwise, if you do hear the shot, your fine, it hit what it was aimed at!

Right--I was just saying that there aren't many subsonic loads out there so suppression is a moot-point if stealth is your game unless you're using one of a few very specific choices.

I agree with everything he's saying in that video with a couple of exceptions. First, the passage rate for bills during the time frame referenced faced might not be representative of the rate going forward. There were many divided congresses and different parties in the WH vs the Hill as well, which resulted in a whole lot of partisan stagnation. In 2008-10, it was 100% effort to get obamacare through, so even though it was one party rule, that ruling party was focused on a narrow field of subject matter.

Second, if I'm not mistaken, you only need 51 votes on budget bills... Which the HPA could be attached to, no?

The HPA will never make it through as a standalone bill. It will get attached to something else and sneak its way in IF anyone cares enough to sponsor its way onto something else. I so do not see it happening.

It may be a bit unlikely, but all kinds of stuff gets stuffed into 1000+ page budget bills. Even the left is already salivating over the proposed Trump infrastructure spending bill. It'll be over $1T. Easy to slip something like this in there...especially when it's the #1 most viewed bill on the .gov.

Status

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads