JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My primary carry gun is (or was) a Dan Wesson CCO, a gun I love dearly. For the past six months I've been carrying my XDm .45 with a spare mag, and the only reason is because of the 10 or 14 round capacity (depending on what I'm wearing). It seems across the country more and more crimes are being committed by people in groups.

What are your thoughts?

I would lay odds that if the situation were ever to happen that you were actively shooting, the mob would break and scatter quickly. Just look at the vid from the Florida internet cafe...two armed assailants beat feet ljke no tomorrow as soon as someone took action. That said, I have more than 10 rounds at my disposal.....

No, I've got a handful of extra mags for that pistol.. It's so familiar to me reloading is barely an afterthought.

I have *thought* about buying something w/ add'l mag capacity though.. In case I have to lay down a little suppressive fire for my getaway.

Excellent question..Joe.. Along with my EDC..my "Get Home Bag" goes wherever I go.. In that..among other things..I keep a FNP45 USG and 5 loaded mags.. But..to answer the specific question..yes..I've gone to a higher capacity EDC...

1zc22yo.png

I carried a P12-45 for years and gave it up when I got a CBOB. the P12 would carry 11+1 or 12+1 depending on the mag. (I'd cay "clip", but don't want to ruffle too many feathers!:s0114:) I agree with others here when they say they have confidence in the 1911, and I agree with Unka-Boo that someone fighting back against the attacker(s) would change the dynamics of the situation.

I sold my glock 23 for a 357 lcr. Its not a 1911, but I wouldn't trade back (my next purchase will be a 1911). With the cylinder loaded and 2 speed strips in my pocked i feel safe. If you hit what your aiming at there is no need for so many bullets. Also I wouldn't want to kill 27 people cause they are attacking me like a mob. I would want to asses the threat until the group stops being a threat. I believe once people start dropping everyone is going to see that you pose as much of a threat as them and people will start fleeing. Especially if its not expected. No one wants to die or be wounded no matter how "hard" they think they are. But you never know, some people are crazy.

The best gun to have is one you have faith in. If I was in a do or die I would want my Colt 1911 in .38 super feels like my hand pointing a finger. thats my 2 sense.:cool:

I shoot a single stack pistol better than a double stack pistol, so 17 rounds that don't hit the mark are not any better than 9 good hits.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top