JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Before I give up on this thread I have one last thing to say.... It's time to welcome to the next century and give up this archaic mentality that 6-8 rounds is the definitive capacity... I have never been in a firefight and said to myself "why did I bring guns with high capacity counts?" "DAMN I HAVE TOO MUCH AMMO IN THIS GUN. I'M RAMBO OVER HERE. HERE BATTLE BUDDY TAKE MY EXTRA AMMO I KILLED EVERYONE WITH 1 BULLET"

Nothing is definitive until it's done. But I will say it's the man behind the gun more than the gun..

Guess what revolvers are still considered by many as a valuable tools for defensive purposes - even today. You are welcome to all the hi cap technology you want - that in itself does not invalidate the choices others make for thier own protection. If 8 rounds plus a reload isnt enough to protect yourself I would argue 18 plus another reload isnt going to do you much good as it appears you cant hit what your shooting at.

James Ruby

Lots of people have gotten out of a knife fight unscathed.. footwork and manuever. But if a few cuts will stop you mentally then you are not suited to attempt it. Also there's no assumption on my part that the attackers have a knife.. I would not hesitate to use a knife on multiple unarmed attackers. Guarantee they will hop and jump

Funny, I've actually defended against a knife unarmed. I got cut to shot. the other guy went to the e-room, I merely needed some stitches. that makes it a WIN in my book.

I expect that unarmed vs. a knife, the BEST that I'm going to get is cut badly. that doesn't mean I'm going to die or lose the situation, It's just a realistic assessment of my prospects.

I know a few different tactics vs. a knife-wielding opponent. ALL of those assume that I am going to get cut. They ALL concentrate on me getting cut in non-vital areas that won't affect my ability to deal with the threat. NONE of them make me think for a second that I'm NOT going to get cut.

NO!never,i love my .45s.i just bought other guns to fit my every need, and practice shooting to hit what im aiming at with confidence with each model and caliber i own!!

Where are all these flash mob attacks happening in the Pacific Northwest? I obviously don't get out enough!

There have been several in the Portland metro area this year.

Here are news articles about them:
Portland Police battle flash mobs thefts — 5 attacks in 2012 | Oregon Business Report

Flash mob invades Portland Walgreens - Koinlocal6.com

Flash Mobbery Portland: Black Mobs Loot Albertsons and Nordstroms in Portland Area

If there are 60 of them an one of me a firearm alone strikes me as insufficient.

-s

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads