JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know a G19 frame is the same as a G44 dimensionally and the G44 slide weighs less than the 9mm but
what parts are different? I mean the recoil spring and barrel but besides that what would be different.
I'm also curious about a 3d printed slide, if it was used for 22lr as opposed to 9mm.
My end goal is to convert a g19 gen3 to a g44..or try at least.
Thank you for your help.

I think a better question is what parts are interchangeable.

From experience (when I was bored) swapping G19 MOS Gen 5 parts into a G44 and shooting .22lr, ,these are swappable:
  • Frame
  • Trigger assembly & parts EXCEPT ejector (G performance trigger functions fine)
  • Magazine catch & spring
  • Slide release
  • Trigger pin & trigger assembly pin
  • slide lock
  • Back straps
  • plastic sights
Specifically not interchangeable from a "fit" perspective:
  • barrel
  • rear slide plate
  • Strike safety plunger
Everything else are non interchangeable parts for "function" reasons including the striker assembly, extractor, & magazines. Safety & warranty are another issue. I don"t know about Gen 3 to Gen 5 parts compatibility.

Just buy both. It's nice to have a dedicated 22lr. And the fact that it's a Gen3 and the G44 is Gen5 parts I don't know the compatibility. Maybe they sell a .22lr slide and you can just change it out but IMO nice to have both.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top